Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 16-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
fadedloves92
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_yeo View Post
Recently weather condition may cause temp to go up to 30d.

Have you change your filter medium recently?

I do experience water turn cloudy when adding some shrimps into my new tank after cycle for a week. I read some articles on the internet and it say that when the tank lack of some 'good' bacteria in the tank, it will turn cloudy. It will turn clear after one or two days.

If you change a totally new medium in your filter, there is a chance your tank will turn cloudy.

Btw wat soil you use?

Shrimps swimming to the surface is not a good sign. Maybe due to the water parameters as well.
For my temp it would not go higher than 28degrees as i leave near the sea it just hovers around 28degrees.Yeah i had heard many bro told me that the tank need to be fully cycled before i can introduce the shrimps but it has been 2weeks now.Although 65% if the shrimps die off but the remaining ones seems to be fine liao they dun hover around the top anymore and death has not been since these few days.

Anyway bro wad shrimp u keeping?mind sharing?
fadedloves92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
charles_yeo

I had a 2ft tank at home and i actually kept CRS, BDS, Snowball, sakura and yellow shrimps. I am using a fan and maintain the temp. at about 26-27. I do not have much plants in it, some DW and onli amber space for them to hide.

The sakura was breeding well and the my snowball and yellow were carrying eegs but yet to know result. CRS and BDS not breeding as I tink the water parameters not at their expectation.

I recently juz started another 1.5ft tank in my office. Introduced tiger and CRS, still monitoring the progress. With air-con in office hope it provide a cooler enviroment.

Sometimes it depends where you brought your shrimps from, weaker ones may find it hard to get use to the new enviroment. At less not the rest of your shrimps stabliase and it should be fine.
Old 17-06-2009, 01:07 AM   #13
fadedloves92
Arofanatic

ohh my setup is similar to yours.Anyway where u bought ur shrimps?
fadedloves92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
charles_yeo

I do not have a specific place. I normally will shop around, any nice or interesting ones i will buy. So far went to Yishun 618, C328, Colorful and CRS heaven.
Old 17-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
sp1der

hi guys,

what is the advice if copper test kit detect some copper.
how should it be reduce/remove?
wc is enough?