Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 18-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #21
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
Hi bro,

3 possible reasons.

1. They're males and there's a female ready to mate in the tank, so they're hunting for her.
2. The water condition is poor and they're trying to swim "upstream".
3. There's some food stuck somewhere and they're looking for it. If there's an oily film on the water surface, they may be trying to feed on it.

By the way, apologies if my reply in another thread sounded too harsh. It was not meant to come out that way.
I had meant that on top of doing some homework, you should phrase your questions properly (and try to include it in your title, eg "is it normal for shrimps to keep swimming around?") instead of a generic one liner question

eg. "can I keep orange shrimps with my other shrimps?", instead of "what shrimps will cross breed?"

Like I've said, we're here to help but you can get more effective help if your questions are clearer. Then can have more time for gaming right?
I dont see any female is ready to mate.. As for water condition, the last time i measure was few days ago after doin a small WC due to servicing chiller.. the water condition was measure a day after WC is done and it was in good condition for them.
The funny thing is.. after i intro new inmates to the tank, some of my old inmates especially the small 1.. start to swim around with some of the new inmates.. There is no oily film at the surface and the food is on the soil..
Whether they are stress or not, i not sure.
But this morning before i went to work, i bring those CRS which which very active now to a seperate breeding box and hope they will get disstress.. the breeding box is in the tank as i seperate others shrimp from CRS..
For other case, nevermind about it.. its already over and for this thread topic, i set it before i get to know more from bro silane.
Old 18-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
cheetf
Dragon

Make sure you put some moss in your breeder tank. If the shrimps are stressed and the breeder tank is near the top. There is a chance that they might jump out.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Make sure you put some moss in your breeder tank. If the shrimps are stressed and the breeder tank is near the top. There is a chance that they might jump out.
Ya.. i have moss in the breeder container.. but i check with my family member.. they still swim around in the small breeder..
Is water conditioner advise for them?
Sigh
Old 18-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
Ningning
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowy View Post
Hi all bros and sis,

May i check with all of you whether is it normal for CRS to swim around?
FYI, few are newly introduced to my tank.
Did try to search through internet for the answer before i open this thread
Thanks.
How did you add the crs into your tank?
Ningning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #25
jowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningning View Post
How did you add the crs into your tank?
when i 1st brought back.. i put the bag in my tank water for 30min.. after that.. i intro tank water into the bag n left it for 30min oso.. after that i catch them out n intro them into the tank.
I did it for the previous batch.. and everything is fine.. only this batch look weird.. cause few of my old inmates which is the small 1 to swim around also..
Old 18-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #26
Ningning
Dragon

dun think there is a cause for worry.. intro the tank water longer..
Old 18-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #27
jowy

Quote:
dun think there is a cause for worry.. intro the tank water longer..
So what should i do now?
damn worried about them
Old 18-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #28
Ningning
Dragon

er... the shrimps are already in the tank right? there's nothing u can do. Just relax Jowy...

your shrimps should be fine.
Old 18-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #29
Xmant
Dragon

Do nothing, just observe what would be happening next.
The more you do, the more stress will be your shrimps.

As far as I knew, the strip dance by CRS won't last more than 20 mins in my case. If yours are still persistence, then somthing might be very wrong IMO.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #30
jowy

Quote:
er... the shrimps are already in the tank right? there's nothing u can do. Just relax Jowy...

your shrimps should be fine.
Ya.. they already in my tank..
Total got 5-6 of them including the old inmates behaving this way since last night.
Checked with my sis.. in the small breeder container.. they still swimming around non stop