Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 27-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #21
DinOBeeR
Arofanatic

hosay liao lo...

the more they make ppl pay, the more ppl will TL them...
the more ppl TL them, the more they will kena kick...
come 2016...Singapore got HOPE liao ...

horsay liao lo...
DinOBeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #22
therat
Arofanatic

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...o/1014402.html

SINGAPORE: Eight town councils will increase their service and conservancy charges (S&CC) for flats, shops/offices and market/cooked food stalls, with effect from 1 April.

They are Ang Mo Kio, Jurong, Marine Parade, Moulmein-Kallang, Nee Soon, Pasir Ris-Punggol, Potong Pasir and Sembawang town councils.

Sembawang Town Council, which announced the increase in a statement, cited rising costs and inflation as reasons for the revision.

It said: "In order to keep S&CC charges as affordable as possible for residents, the town councils have been making a conscious effort to control costs to avoid increasing the S&CC rates, despite rising inflation every year.

"The town councils have succeeded in resisting S&CC increases for the last 10 years, even when the inflation rate hit a high of 6.6 per cent in 2008.

"However, with current cost increases, it is becoming increasingly difficult to continue operations at current S&CC rates, with several town councils running into operating deficits."

The statement cited electricity as one of the biggest contributors to cost increases for the town councils.

Maintenance costs have also gone up, due to most towns having successfully undergone the Lift Upgrading Programme.

It costs S$198 to service a lift that stops on every floor.

Before lifts were upgraded, the cost was S$170 monthly to service a lift that stops on three out of 12 floors in a residential block.

Cleaners' wage costs also have to be factored in.

The S&CC increase will be phased over two years.

The first-tier increase on 1 April this year ranges from S$0.50 per month for those living in HDB's one-room flats to S$8.50 per month for executive flat home owners.

Commercial property owners and tenants will see an increase ranging from S$0.10 to S$0.21 per psm/month while the increase for most cooked food stalls is between S$9.90 and S$15.83 per month.

The second-tier adjustment will be effected on 1 April 2015.

The S&CC increase will range from S$0.50 for HDB's one-room to S$6.50 per month for executive flat home owners, depending on the type of flat.

Commercial property owners and tenants will see an increase ranging from S$0.07 to S$0.11 per psm/month while the increase for most cooked food stalls is between S$9.50 and S$12.00 per month.

Out of the eight town councils that are raising S&CC, six had not increased the charges for a decade.

The town councils are Moulmein-Kallang, Ang Mo Kio, Marine Parade, Nee Soon, Pasir Ris-Punggol and Sembawang.

Charges by Jurong Town Council were raised in 2010. Charges for Potong Pasir Town Council went up in 2008 for residents.

Hawazi Daipi, chairman of Sembawang Town Council, said: "One good way for residents to also contribute to saving costs is by making sure the estate is well-maintained - that there's as little littering as possible. When there is not much cleaning to be done, then the maintenance costs would be, can be managed."

- CNA/xq

==============
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #23
menthol28
Dragon

Actually increment of less than $10 depending on flat type is quite reasonable. If I'm not wrong when WP took over my place at bedok reservoir, also got increment.
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #24
hkh
Arofanatic

What puzzle me is that Jurong TC had last raised their charges in 2010........and now raise together with other TCs ??
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #25
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
haha...so maybe should say these are the better TC that delay the increase?

increase due to higher cost is inevitable....

I've no issue with them increasing the TC as this is a pass-on cost, TC cannot subside the service, people work inside, contractors servicing the contract will be benefited......BUT...why TC need to keep the reserve for investment?

They should be a Zero base organisation or the most few mths up to 1 yr running cost reserve!!!

lehmen bros and sis
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #26
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
lehmen bros and sis
actually reason is simple........if their return from investment is good......then they will get fat bonus........if loose money ?? nevermind cos it's still Ah Gong's money........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #27
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcchia View Post
These 60.1% lived well with it and think of their families future ..........
The other 39.9% wants more and had to endour with it .............
Gd for you.

Btw what is endour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
I've no issue with them increasing the TC as this is a pass-on cost, TC cannot subside the service, people work inside, contractors servicing the contract will be benefited......BUT...why TC need to keep the reserve for investment?

They should be a Zero base organisation or the most few mths up to 1 yr running cost reserve!!!
Like you mentioned in the end, the cash holding shd be maybe up to 1 year, not by many millions that they squandered and burnt it on some investments blindly.

Increase in cost, ok we need transparancy. They want to talk abt cost, they show us the geniune P&L. We used to see more cleaners, locals. Now we hardly see, as there are very few cleaners, and mostly foreigners. They had cut a lot of cost too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
Out of the eight town councils that are raising S&CC, six had not increased the charges for a decade.
Sounds so noble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
What puzzle me is that Jurong TC had last raised their charges in 2010........and now raise together with other TCs ??
Must follow, regardless!
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #28
dzylim
Arofanatic

wtf KNN la. i was in Aljunied GRC one why lump me to amk GRC in 2011 then now i have to pay extra for CSC. PUI! KNN!
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #29
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
actually reason is simple........if their return from investment is good......then they will get fat bonus........if loose money ?? nevermind cos it's still Ah Gong's money........
hahahhahaha . win $$$ nvr say .. loose money ............ open to news . newpaper ............. haut arrrrr
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #30
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
wtf KNN la. i was in Aljunied GRC one why lump me to amk GRC in 2011 then now i have to pay extra for CSC. PUI! KNN!
Of all places you lived in the 'tiptronic plates'.... Hg Ave 8 is a not here not there zone. Formerly Cheng San, than Aljunied (not sure which part of Ave 8 tho ) and now AMK?

They know a lot in Ave 8 are not on their side, so shift you here and there la. The street name is HOUGANG, end up machiam hong kan. Why can't HOUGANG be HOUGANG? Now I know why you wft KNN la...

My virgin ticket was in Cheng San and JBJ got my vote! Never looked back since!
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote