Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #131
don90

Hi all, I bought a small lobster that looks like this CPO at C328 today.

$18. Did I buy a CPO? looks like it.

Anyway, the moment it entered the tank, it was looking for food liao!

eating leftover food scraps.

BTW, I think it is female.... I compared it with bro silane's pic.

time to get more!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #132
nasty12
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfsk View Post
Hey guys, those selling at C328 and Y618 at $18, conf is CPO and not the bigger size crayfish?
hmm i went down to a few LFs today to take a look.. and i feel that the CPo they sell might be wild caught. cause their colouration arent that deep i mean comparing to the pair that i have....
Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #133
NigelN

The ones I got have two orange lines down their back. Didn't choose the paler (less orange) ones as I thought that they might stay that way all their life.

Bro Thoughts, my CPO back home eats snails but only when I crush them. I'm keeping him in a breeder box filled with moss and snails (used to breed snails for my brother's puffer, now give up liao and overrun with snails) but the snails don't seem to be decreasing in number. Gave him ceramic rings to hide inside. Temporary house only, thinking of setting up a small CPO tank.

The water in the tank is about 27-28 deg C, and the CPO seems to be doing fine. Moulted within 3 days of purchase (super hungry, but eats very little each time) and anticipating another moult within a day or two.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #134
dennal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughTs View Post
wow thanks.. i m guessing mix veg is ok, if peas alone r ok, i m guessing de corn and carrot cubes shd oso b ok..

cpo.. other den de beauty on its own, might become a vv good snail control too.. puffers r lyk genociding both de snails and de shrimps and nertile snails.. too slow its hardly effective..

ok i m getting myself a pair of cpos=) and mayb a mr tornado fan..
hahah expansive snail control pet.. hahhaha

Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #135
kian_john
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelN View Post
The ones I got have two orange lines down their back. Didn't choose the paler (less orange) ones as I thought that they might stay that way all their life.

Bro Thoughts, my CPO back home eats snails but only when I crush them. I'm keeping him in a breeder box filled with moss and snails (used to breed snails for my brother's puffer, now give up liao and overrun with snails) but the snails don't seem to be decreasing in number. Gave him ceramic rings to hide inside. Temporary house only, thinking of setting up a small CPO tank.

The water in the tank is about 27-28 deg C, and the CPO seems to be doing fine. Moulted within 3 days of purchase (super hungry, but eats very little each time) and anticipating another moult within a day or two.
hi bro how was the colour of the Cpo going?did it fade?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:59 AM   #136
dkk08
Arofanatic

Well I went to C328 just now in the evening (amidst Man Utd Embarassing loss) saw a pair of CPO which looks to me like Cambarellus montezumae (yes I got the pair as it was too irresistable ) Auntie and the younger uncle said the pair just arrived (from america apparently) will try and take some pics if I can see them
Old 09-11-2008, 03:06 AM   #137
Patrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
If you stay near Bishan, I can donate half a packet of frozen green pea to you.
Hi bro! i finally tried it out just now in the evening... just as you instructed... half a pea... defrost it by rinsing it abit... and my CPOs whacked it! (although it took my CPOs some time to start trying it)

thanks for the tip man.. at least my CPO has something to enjoy now since it doesnt really show interests in pellets...

Old 09-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #138
Crazy Dragon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkk08 View Post
Well I went to C328 just now in the evening (amidst Man Utd Embarassing loss) saw a pair of CPO which looks to me like Cambarellus montezumae (yes I got the pair as it was too irresistable ) Auntie and the younger uncle said the pair just arrived (from america apparently) will try and take some pics if I can see them

I bought 4 pcs yesterday's afternoon. Uncle said new stock will arrive on Wednesday. May get somemore then.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #139
kian_john
Senior Dragon

Saw some cpo at y618 today.But guess they are all male?not sure maybe some pros that went down can clarify this.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #140
Patrique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
Saw some cpo at y618 today.But guess they are all male?not sure maybe some pros that went down can clarify this.
bro silane posted some very clear pics on differentiating betwn male and female in the earlier posts... do check them out, very informative.

Cheers!

Closed Thread