Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 29-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Syphonics

Default Temperature of GF water @ 35C

Hi all,

My 2 ft by 1ft tank about 75litres of water tank is very high in temperature about 34 - 35. Never goes below and above the readings, the temp is very stable. But i read from this forum that GF temp should not be above 31-32 C.
How do I reduce the temperature. I do not wish to add in a chiller (expensive) nor fan (noisy).
My tank is indoor , no direct sunlight. Even in the night without lightings the temp still reminds at that temp 34- 35C.
I currently have 2 submerge pumps with a overhead filter. The pumps ratings are 12W and 15W power.
Does these pumps contributes to the heat?
But overall my GFs seems fine, no colour changes still very active.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Syphonics

At the bottom of the tank I have shell scraps as decorations , does this contributes to heat as well?
Old 29-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
tangmulong4488
Dragon

yes pumps contribute heat to the water. high temp for yr gf most probably colour fade, low Oxygen in tank, high metabolism rate. u cud remove one of the pump or use better quality pumps tat does nt release so much heat. yr tank quite small no need 2 pumps la.
tangmulong4488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
tangmulong4488
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphonics View Post
At the bottom of the tank I have shell scraps as decorations , does this contributes to heat as well?
no haha if i were u i will take out the 'decoration' cos it will easily stuck uneaten food, poo poo that will foul the water. bare tank is the way to go for gf. the only deco i need is the gf itself.

Last edited by tangmulong4488; 29-06-2011 at 10:02 AM.
tangmulong4488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
swiber

Surprise ur gf not cooked...too high bro...they are coldwater fish, take out the pump or use external canister so ur pump is outside the tank, temp will rrp liao
Old 29-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
Melburn

Did you check the temperature of your tap water?
Mine comes from the water tank so it is also high at around 31/32C.
Old 29-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
Melburn

Quote:
I dun tink it contrbutes to the heat, i have a semi-planted tank with gravel for my gf too only problem is some plants cant survive the gf "munching".
As long as you do wc and keep the water "clean" it should be ok.

Old 29-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
Syphonics

I have tried switching both pumps off for an hour but the water temperature still the same.
My tank comes with the plastic cover on top.
Old 29-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
jest1081
Dragon

Quote:
I have tried switching both pumps off for an hour but the water temperature still the same.
My tank comes with the plastic cover on top.
if your pumps off oso so hot then.....
got try to use other thermometer or not. ur thermometer reads like iits a bit hay wire le. hehehehe. sgp temp max is 34-36 i wonder how your water can be so hot oso. sumore non direct sunlight, enclosed area....
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
sungod666

35 deg!!! that is very hot for your fish. you are stressing their metabolism. i think a small fan is essential if chiller is too expensive. if you dont want fan, than adjust the powerhead to push the water up onto the surface. help the exchange of gases and also up your aeration if water is so hot.

fish should have died if water temp is 35. sure thermometer not faulty.