Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

View Poll Results: Reason my shrimps up lorry
natural deaths 7 14.00%
ph problem 12 24.00%
temp problem 14 28.00%
high nitrate 9 18.00%
high ammonia 13 26.00%
STARVED to DEATH 2 4.00%
attacked to death by anything.. 7 14.00%
pregnant female too weak 2 4.00%
high GH 3 6.00%
high KH 1 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #41
Ningning
Dragon

hmm silane since u seem to be the genie...

*rubs lamp* i wish to know...

my ph is at 6.6 in the day time. 6.4 at night. checked with pinpoint monitor which has just been checked by the shop. ph monitor is working and accurate.

the tank has been running for months since may the 1st( labour day)

i recently changed my filter.

it's filled with. wool, japanese mat, biohome plus and ceremic ring. old media is mixed with the new media. i have added 2 pieces of coral chips.

i'm pouring seachem stability every week. to aid in bb.

okie here's the mystery.

since last month again. my weak sakuras and cherries are the ones dying, almost 1 everyday without fail. my crs are berrying and being spared. of coz.. i rather sakuras die then my crs. but... i wish to know...

what is the cause? why are the crs spared and not the cherries and sakura?

issit coz my tank is bias? LOL!!!

LOL... i really dont know why. sian.
Ningning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #42
BettaFaNatiC
Senior Dragon

last time in my shrimp tank, Temperature and Ammonia can cause deaths very majorly and quickly
BettaFaNatiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #43
Ningning
Dragon

ammonia? how u guys get ammonia?

if the tank is cycled properly, the chances of ammonia happening is quite slim right...unless something dies and its not cleared.

btw when ammonia kills, it kills alot at one shot right?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #44
globalcookie
Dragon

Once the tank stablized and matures, you don't need to add anymore BB (Seachem stability). What is your filter type? HOF, Canister, etc?

I would keep CRS and Sakuras in different tanks with different perimeters. I won't 'prefer' either spieces to die, I prefer all to live thus would have different tanks for different spieces if need be.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #45
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Once the tank stablized and matures, you don't need to add anymore BB (Seachem stability). What is your filter type? HOF, Canister, etc?

I would keep CRS and Sakuras in different tanks with different perimeters. I won't 'prefer' either spieces to die, I prefer all to live thus would have different tanks for different spieces if need be.
Hey bro

I would like to keep them in seperate tank as well, but my wife will start nagging if I do that man... LOL....

By the way just to update, since last Friday I remove most of the rock.... yesterday found one Sakura death again..... $$$$$ fly away.... now that I have cleared those rocks, suddenly found that once there was 200 over pieces of Golden & CRS in my tank and today.... hmmmm probably less than 50 left... $$$$$$$ ...
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #46
Ningning
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post

im using canister.

ya, realized that because of the preference of different ph by these two species, i started a second tank a month ago.. but hard to catch all the hiding sakura.

when my sakura die, i heart pain.
when my crs die, i head pain coz my bf will start asking me why die, and i dun have the answer. haha.. -.-"
Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #47
Ningning
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody992828 View Post
Hey bro

I would like to keep them in seperate tank as well, but my wife will start nagging if I do that man... LOL....

By the way just to update, since last Friday I remove most of the rock.... yesterday found one Sakura death again..... $$$$$ fly away.... now that I have cleared those rocks, suddenly found that once there was 200 over pieces of Golden & CRS in my tank and today.... hmmmm probably less than 50 left... $$$$$$$ ...
*sayang* ull earn back the money when ur shrimps berry.. :wink:

actually, after u rear shrimp for awhile, u'll realize, its not about counting the money liao.. its about seeing your "pet" or favourite shrimp or that special shrimp tt stands out from the rest..

when my cherry die, i wanna cry coz she was the pioneer batch of cherries tt survived the ph spike.

guess lesson learned.

btw, why u buy so many crs at one go?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #48
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningning View Post
*sayang* ull earn back the money when ur shrimps berry.. :wink:

actually, after u rear shrimp for awhile, u'll realize, its not about counting the money liao.. its about seeing your "pet" or favourite shrimp or that special shrimp tt stands out from the rest..

when my cherry die, i wanna cry coz she was the pioneer batch of cherries tt survived the ph spike.

guess lesson learned.

btw, why u buy so many crs at one go?

I hope that will happen after I get settle down when I find a new house and will invest in a chiller to help them berries ..... now no space to put chiller.... sigh.....

I bought so many not really at one go but within two weeks time... all because that I can't help myslef when I see there cute & nice little thing that is lying around in other bros or sis tank and LFS so too tempted ......
all this because of my ichy hand ..... Infact money is heart pain, more painful is the shrimp die... poor little thing....
Old 10-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #49
anthony

i spend hundreds $ to rear CRS. however, it died due to tempreture. colour also change. everything also died. plant also died. everything. zz
Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #50
goody992828

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony View Post
i spend hundreds $ to rear CRS. however, it died due to tempreture. colour also change. everything also died. plant also died. everything. zz
wow bro, seems like you are in the same boat as me..... well probably with have not spend enough effort in keeping them... but I believe a Chiller will definately helps alot in keeping them.... that why I am in the mist of bargain hunting for a chiller....