Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 04-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #21
sparco21

bro, can pm me on where to get those as well?

I got some angel from lfs, however, size still the same after close to 8-9months.
sparco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #22
khunlim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparco21 View Post
bro, can pm me on where to get those as well?

I got some angel from lfs, however, size still the same after close to 8-9months.
Hi bro, not all angelfishes have the same growth rate and size.

If I am not wrong, wild strains such as Altums and Santa Isabel have very good growth rate and can grow to very huge size as well. However, still very much depends on other factors such as the environment, tank size, diet, feeding method, etc.

If you are looking for SI, sometime you can get from C328 but selection is very few. Good selection of SI will be only at Aqua One. Last month, I saw they have a full tank of Juv. F1 Suriname angels, another wild strain that worth for you to keep.... Very beautiful when adult size.

Happy Angels keeping....
khunlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #23
sparco21

hi khunlim, thanks for your advice! guess it is time to visit Aqua One!
sparco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #24
khunlim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparco21 View Post
hi khunlim, thanks for your advice! guess it is time to visit Aqua One!
They are at 22 pasir ris farmway 2, unit a1.... If I am not wrong.

Happy angelfish keeping.....

Old 07-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #25
J_Choy
Dragon

Bro, can advise me on what to do up for the tank and everything? 3ft. what must be inside and what soil and filter system? will try to setup everything properly and running well before going into angels again.
J_Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:04 AM   #26
khunlim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Choy View Post
Bro, can advise me on what to do up for the tank and everything? 3ft. what must be inside and what soil and filter system? will try to setup everything properly and running well before going into angels again.

3ft tank is good enough.....however bigger the better because wild angels can grow up to quite huge size.... seeing them swimming in school can be fascinating.

There is no fixed rules for the type of setup required for angelfishes...it is just individual reference.

My reference for bigger thank is canister filter.........have been using such filter for very long time already. Also like to use using HOF for smaller 1.5ft tank. With or without sand or planted tank are all ok for angelfishes but maintenance will be different depending on your available time. Certainly, planted tank will look the best......... but be careful..... hungry angelfishes will sometime eat up your plants. You can search through the forum or internet to get some ideas. Some hobbyist just have sand, some stones and drift woods ...their tank look awesome with angelfishes. I still think that empty tank will look too plain with angelfishes...... at least with some drift woods.....it will still look good.

I have 3 tanks.........2x low tech planted tanks and 1x bare with just some drift woods. Fishes are mainly wild strains angelfishes with some plecos and various species of tetras.

Happy SI angels keeping