Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 15-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #31
sebarau
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmh View Post
For me, BDLeo and BD is pure breed while BDHenlei is hybrid. BD is P13, Leo is P13 and Henlei is P12

Why there is different name given? It is to because there is different grading on the P13 even though they are from same family. Spots size, underbelly spots and skirting spots are taking into consideration when we are trying to grade the P13. Well, the highest grade of P13, BD name is give (and also fetching higher price), while lower grade bdleo and the lowest just normal leo. And of course all come with different price tag.

Just like cars, the same brand of car has a very wide range of price tag. With every price tag given, the name or so called model are different...

Just my 2 cent input
Ditto. Well said.
sebarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #32
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmh View Post
For me, BDLeo and BD is pure breed while BDHenlei is hybrid. BD is P13, Leo is P13 and Henlei is P12

Why there is different name given? It is to because there is different grading on the P13 even though they are from same family. Spots size, underbelly spots and skirting spots are taking into consideration when we are trying to grade the P13. Well, the highest grade of P13, BD name is give (and also fetching higher price), while lower grade bdleo and the lowest just normal leo. And of course all come with different price tag.

Just like cars, the same brand of car has a very wide range of price tag. With every price tag given, the name or so called model are different...

Just my 2 cent input
Spot on bro. However, sadly these pts can be easily identified by season players but not newbies. As usual, many just came to me tell me I wan to buy BD. Usually i wld asked them wats ur budget? By askg abt budget, it became v sensitive as buyer may think tat i m planning to chop them, many r not comfortable. But, y i asked for budget cos 90% of such buyers don kn wat mkt price or wat is BD, is just like I wan buy LV bags. Cant blame them cos the term BD is over abused in forum buy & sell. Mostly the budget quote will be $200 to $300 a pair for BD.

I do not encourage abuse using of fancy terms to con buyers into believing that they r buying top quality rays at cheap pricing, but rather shld sell by using a pricing = quality equation with honest explanations.

Tail is also another big issue in our mkt context. There r so much wrong perceptions on short flag or paddle or watever tail mean pure or short tail for hybrid or sp means quality or potentially quality rays. Again, tail issue had been over defind in forum. Eg, i had short paddle tail BD look alike hybrid, so i can say is pure? Or i hv BD pups with slightly elongated tail birth fr wc BD fr brazil, i cant say they r pure? Honestly, now I m so scared when selling BDs......
Cos once these rays r posted in show case, the immediate post will be..... ur tail look long lei........

Last edited by Tay; 15-07-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #33
wmh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Spot on bro. However, sadly these pts can be easily identified by season players but not newbies. As usual, many just came to me tell me I wan to buy BD. Usually i wld asked them wats ur budget? By askg abt budget, it became v sensitive as buyer may think tat i m planning to chop them, many r not comfortable. But, y i asked for budget cos 90% of such buyers don kn wat mkt price or wat is BD, is just like I wan buy LV bags. Cant blame them cos the term BD is over abused in forum buy & sell. Mostly the budget quote will be $200 to $300 a pair for BD.

I do not encourage abuse using of fancy terms to con buyers into believing that they r buying top quality rays at cheap pricing, but rather shld sell by using a pricing = quality equation with honest explanations.

Tail is also another big issue in our mkt context. There r so much wrong perceptions on short flag or paddle or watever tail mean pure or short tail for hybrid or sp means quality or potentially quality rays. Again, tail issue had been over defind in forum. Eg, i had short paddle tail BD look alike hybrid, so i can say is pure? Or i hv BD pups with slightly elongated tail birth fr wc BD fr brazil, i cant say they r pure? Honestly, now I m so scared when selling BDs......
Cos once these rays r posted in show case, the immediate post will be..... ur tail look long lei........
Well said bro...nowadays too many fancy names given and it caused a lot confusion among hobbyist, especially those new players

The most funny this is, once I categorized a LeoPearl as sp, the owner like very uncomfortable, saying that I am the first guy who categorized his LeoPearl as sp...I was like dunno how to say liao...lol
wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 01:30 AM   #34
Aro1
Dragon

I am not newbie.
Just buy ray based on what you see lah.
Give you a name oso doesn't mean u can breed the same pups.
Whatever u want to call, the ray can grow big and change.
Then you change name for the ray again?
Just buy what you think your money is worth.
This kind of naming game go and ask bro RELAX, he is very good in naming rays; SuperKopi is an example.
Aro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #35
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
I am not newbie.
This kind of naming game go and ask bro RELAX, he is very good in naming rays; SuperKopi is an example.
Wahaha bro, u v direct & cute lei.... i had pple asked me hv super kopi to sell bo.... i replied u wan Ah huat, old town or wat????

Trust me, no matter how we can try to educate newbies here, most will still be more comfortable if u give them fancy names. Tats wat the mkt wan. But I WILL NOT DO IT.....
Old 17-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #36
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
I am not newbie.
chris long time no catch up,i am sure you hv more hidden creation to surprise me.heehee
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #37
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Wahaha bro, u v direct & cute lei.... i had pple asked me hv super kopi to sell bo.... i replied u wan Ah huat, old town or wat????

Trust me, no matter how we can try to educate newbies here, most will still be more comfortable if u give them fancy names. Tats wat the mkt wan. But I WILL NOT DO IT.....
naming is ok lah since they are not cat into any single pure p12 or p13 or p14
most importantly is to give credit to the old timer and real ray hobbylist that first to mix the impossible successfully eg Michael aka conchabuloso and be proud of what we hv created.

just a hobby nia nia.
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #38
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
naming is ok lah since they are not cat into any single pure p12 or p13 or p14
most importantly is to give credit to the old timer and real ray hobbylist that first to mix the impossible successfully eg Michael aka conchabuloso and be proud of what we hv created.

just a hobby nia nia.
Bro Relax, pls dont misunderstand that I am objecting to ur naming ideas. I am handling many newbies and problems surfaced cos of all these naming so I just share in this forum.

Yes maybe we can give special names, but at the same time more education effort hv to be put in at the same time for newbies if not create lots of confusion and misunderstanding among them which is bad for promoting rays keeping. Newbies don even kn wat is P12, P13, P14, how they kn wat is super kopi or white diamond or the thai super white and white knight?????

Last edited by Tay; 17-07-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 17-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #39
Aro1
Dragon

Hello all the old birds who are contributing to all these confusion...
You people stop breeding hybrids and naming fanciful names can solve the confusion Liao.

One day we meet up and show hand leh...
Aro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #40
[V]tEc

Giving names to special rays i feel is acceptable. Like superkopi or names like that. But i notice people tends to use BD name very often. Like BDSP or BD designer. This name kind of auto bring up the selling price cos pup got bd blood.
However i seen some "BDSP" look worse than a average sp ray yet people still willing to pay quite high price for it. So are u paying for the looks of the ray or are u paying for the "BD name"?
[V]tEc is offline   Reply With Quote