Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 21-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #161
washywashy
Dragon

Bros, don't play with bichirs during feeding time... My first experience getting bitten by a wild...

Was trying to push down my nigerian lap that was at the surface then suddenly... "POP!!"
And I got this...

washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #162
bichirdemon

Woah bro ur bichir so fierce....??? I'm just hope u don't cook ur bichir like the uncle that cook his aro coz it bite his finger.... Haha
Old 21-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #163
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ11 View Post
From the pictures that kohaku had posted and ID them as Palmas Buetikofferi, Edwin, I am thinking will your favourite pcs look like this? Sorry but i am kind of confused. Cause by looking at the pictures, it may look abit similar.

Through looking this pic,
The pcs that looks towards the corner of the tank. Looks kind of similar. Pardon me as i am still learning.
I won't rule out that possibility.
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #164
BeTtA_GeNe
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Bros, don't play with bichirs during feeding time... My first experience getting bitten by a wild...

Was trying to push down my nigerian lap that was at the surface then suddenly... "POP!!"
And I got this...

??????maybe ur finger look like superworm bro hahaha i been fondling my 17 inch nigerian lap , so far so good leh , better be wary now....haha
BeTtA_GeNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #165
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichirdemon View Post
Woah bro ur bichir so fierce....??? I'm just hope u don't cook ur bichir like the uncle that cook his aro coz it bite his finger.... Haha
There's someone who did that?? He must be rich! No lah... Now, I'm able to appreciate the wild instincts of these bichirs. They can grab MP in mid water! Never seen that in CB bichirs that I had before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTtA_GeNe View Post
??????maybe ur finger look like superworm bro hahaha i been fondling my 17 inch nigerian lap , so far so good leh , better be wary now....haha
Hahaha.. Me too! I have been playing around with them all this while! Now, I gotta think twice...
Old 22-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #166
kurt87

Ouch! Bro washywashy
I wouldnt want to imagine if it was a close to 3ft long Ansorgii biting!

Anyway, just wanna share my Endlicheri which i got it on March this year. He was 3 inch back then, currently 8 inches.
Still intrigued on why his external gills have yet to disappear at this age. Nevertheless cute fella

Still trying to take a photo of the Ansorgii and Nigerian Lap, but at the moment they're still shy and hiding

Old 22-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #167
washywashy
Dragon

Interesting! If I remember correctly, the external gills shorten when there is enough oxygen in the water. Not too sure about this though.. MP diet bro?

Btw, where did you get your gravel from? Looks good!
Old 22-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #168
kurt87

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Interesting! If I remember correctly, the external gills shorten when there is enough oxygen in the water. Not too sure about this though.. MP diet bro?

Btw, where did you get your gravel from? Looks good!
I hear the same things too bro. But oxygen wise im sure it suffice in my tank as my other bichirs gills disappeared as they grow up.

Thanks bro Gravels are from Seaview. They tagged it as Red "Something" cant remember exact name. and part of it are from Hougang St.21, the tank maker shop, i cant remember the shop name. Their gravel "redness" are lighter compared to seaview ones which are darker red.

Oh yes, Diet was MP before, but lately he has been ignoring MP and consumed both sinking and floating pellets instead.

Last edited by kurt87; 22-05-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 22-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #169
washywashy
Dragon

Thanks for the info bro!! Appreciate it
Old 22-05-2011, 02:31 AM   #170
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

bro washywashy.. looks really bad! Didn't know they have such sharp teeth until i saw my CB lap's one today when i netted it out to measure it's length!

anyway, bro ben and nid.. here's the red quartz picture.. water very murky now thanks to me forgettin to wash the gravel. very thin layer only.. so some part can see the black base...

WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote