Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #31
desmondpeh
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
Hey any of you guys went down to AquaOne? They posted to have mid-sized weeksii.. haven't seen this sp. around for awhile now, feel like getting one but will see if time permits

Just a note for those who have bichirs with a lot of black blotches / spots. I coincidentally found out that it can be cured really fast by adding a reccomended dose of acriflavin. The spots disappeared within a week of treatment. I was using acriflavin to cure my fungus outbreak, so it was one stone kill two birds

Another thing to share, this morning while i was preparing to go to work. I heard a damn loud *thub* on my tank glass.. ran over and see what happened. it was actually my guinea endi hunting for a medium sized goldfish feeder. First time seeing eat live food ever since I got it. Nowadays work so quite lazy to cut sutchi fillet (cheap, but need to cut and foul water quite badly), will be changing to throwing in bulk goldfish ($10 worth) everyday saturday / sunday.. so far can last for 2 days. and the rest of the week I'll be feeding sinking pellets for them, and a little bit of sutchi for my arowana / gars / datnoid..
Hmm.. when feeding feeders rem need to QC too bro.. I fed my bichirs too much feeders and some kenna internal parasite. Now need to treat them with Jungle Internal Parasite Clear. Headache ah..
desmondpeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #32
tokyogasmask

Quote:
Hey any of you guys went down to AquaOne? They posted to have mid-sized weeksii.. haven't seen this sp. around for awhile now, feel like getting one but will see if time permits
Grab one.
These are one of my favorite Bichirs.
Of my 2 the Juvi is still very shy (as was the adult when it was smaller)
But my big girl is probably the most active of all my Bichirs, and is just gorgeous to look at.

Quite common, so can afford to shop around for a good piece.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #33
nid

Quote:

Just a note for those who have bichirs with a lot of black blotches / spots. I coincidentally found out that it can be cured really fast by adding a reccomended dose of acriflavin. The spots disappeared within a week of treatment. I was using acriflavin to cure my fungus outbreak, so it was one stone kill two birds

Another thing to share, this morning while i was preparing to go to work. I heard a damn loud *thub* on my tank glass.. ran over and see what happened. it was actually my guinea endi hunting for a medium sized goldfish feeder. First time seeing eat live food ever since I got it. Nowadays work so quite lazy to cut sutchi fillet (cheap, but need to cut and foul water quite badly), will be changing to throwing in bulk goldfish ($10 worth) everyday saturday / sunday.. so far can last for 2 days. and the rest of the week I'll be feeding sinking pellets for them, and a little bit of sutchi for my arowana / gars / datnoid..
Yah, agree with bro desmond, high chance of internal parasites being pass on frm feeders, esp gold fish. Mollys/sword tails would be lower risk, but mp still the best choice. No wrys there.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #34
PandaBear

[QUOTE=WiNd.feNg;8532198]Hey any of you guys went down to AquaOne? They posted to have mid-sized weeksii.. haven't seen this sp. around for awhile now, feel like getting one but will see if time permits

Yea bro,left a few as i juz came bac from thr this afternoon,if only i wasnt saving for my RTG,i wud have gotten 1 :P
Old 04-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #35
PandaBear

Guys,can i use pellets to pump my bichirs??? and if i constantly feed my 13-14" fat endi, pellets,will it slim down???
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #36
aldenpwoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowa View Post
YOu can try the small Molly. Those at 0.5cm
Quote:
dont woery about the feeders, they will strike at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Haha.. Borrow WC or CB ones? Me no Kamihata hor. Only got the "pirated
" version nia.

Dont worry bro.. They are natural hunters and more active during the night.. especially for laps and endies.
ok thx,alrdy bought the mollies,as for night hunters i guess i dun nid to worry about them not being able to catch feeders
Old 04-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #37
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Hmm.. when feeding feeders rem need to QC too bro.. I fed my bichirs too much feeders and some kenna internal parasite. Now need to treat them with Jungle Internal Parasite Clear. Headache ah..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nid View Post
Yah, agree with bro desmond, high chance of internal parasites being pass on frm feeders, esp gold fish. Mollys/sword tails would be lower risk, but mp still the best choice. No wrys there.
Have quarantine them in my 2.5ft tank with acriflavin. its a general antiseptic so should be quite okay.

now looking for anti-parasites to add in my quarantine tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyogasmask View Post
Grab one.
These are one of my favorite Bichirs.
Of my 2 the Juvi is still very shy (as was the adult when it was smaller)
But my big girl is probably the most active of all my Bichirs, and is just gorgeous to look at.

Quite common, so can afford to shop around for a good piece.
Will slowly look for a good piece before committing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBear View Post
Yea bro,left a few as i juz came bac from thr this afternoon,if only i wasnt saving for my RTG,i wud have gotten 1 :P
maybe weekend i go down
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #38
aldenpwoh

Bro maybe wanna meet up thr?? see wad u buy,coz maybe this weekend if i gt enuf i wanna get the congicus over there
Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #39
washywashy
Dragon

Bro Wind, does acriflavin kill BB?
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #40
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

I've been dosing higher than recommended amounts of acriflavine with no ill effects at all. Been doing that for the past 2 weeks despite all the fungus outbreak have already subsided.

A quick read on Acriflavine chloride; it is an anti-fungal compound rather than an anti-bacterial compound, which makes it safe for our BBs which comprises of nitrosomanas & nitrobacter bacteria.

Down side of this would be it's color. It would taint the your tank water green even if you pour a few drops into a big tank (522 or so).

Ever since my fungal outbreak stopped I've been dosing small amounts of acriflavine continuously as a precautionary measure
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote