Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #141
qwerty84

I manage to keep my tubis alive using age water around 1cm high + ktp leaves.
However when the tubi is 1weeks+ old I realise that when I feed it to my Betta fries, lots of the fries died.

I'm not sure if is due to the tubi, so I threw the tubi away.
qwerty84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #142
jest1081
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldofbettas
Bro do the tubi have to be exposed to air cus heard that they need to be exposed if not will practically drown ><
yes i expose em

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkbettafan
i have successfully kept some tubi with water covering just slightly over them for 3+ weeks.
the key is to use aged water. and to provide some substance eg fish food. change water is like thrice a day for me. once in the morning, once in the evening and once before going to sleep.
im not sure how long i have ben keeping em alive. i just keep topping up once the numbers diminish. water change once a day.

Quote:
However when the tubi is 1weeks+ old I realise that when I feed it to my Betta fries, lots of the fries died.

this is bound to happen if the fishes have not eaten tubi before. no matter how we clean it the parasites that tubi carry with em will still prevail. The fishes just have to build immunity against it. its a cycle that you have to endure.
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #143
Worldofbettas
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty84 View Post

mine choked when they are younger,10 plus died RIP
Worldofbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #144
amkbettafan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldofbettas View Post
i tried the shallow water method and i WC once a day,used aged water and ktp extract,and i also added ice,i add about 3 big pieces of ice per day,quite sufficient in keeping the worms alive
managed to get some ktp last saturday and added to my aged water and then to tubi container; so far the tubi is good condition, water did not foul up so quickly. did not add ice at all this time, and it's still good.
amkbettafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #145
giantbetta
Dragon

Just share my method of keeping tubi alive.

Firstly before i purchase my tubi i'll see whether the tubi was kept or store in a properly manner.i knew an uncle who rinsed the tubi daily as he himself use them to feed his livestock. A LFS which always run out of tubi is also a good place to buy as they will placed new order of fresh tubi the next day.

My method is not new as i believed some hobbyist here did the same. It works for me so give it a try.
i rinse my tubi under the running tap water using a fine netting and place them in a tub or container. i add tap water(i apply normal anti clorine) or water from my fish tank just about 2-2.5cm above the tubi then place them in the fridge. continue to do wc in 2-3 days and the tubi will last quite a long time but not forever as they need to eat too.wihout food they will die slowly..
giantbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #146
qwerty84

Unfortunately my parent don't allow me to keep live tubi in fridge.. They find it very dirty
qwerty84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #147
jest1081
Dragon

Has anyone tried usine the satellite box to keep tubi?
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #148
Lazyoneeyez

Hey guys, Any guidance on how to wash tubi?

What i do is i pour the freshly bought tubi into a net and wash under running water. (I'm gonna change to age water after reading the thread) Den follow by spread them out on a basin with cold water.(Gonna use black water the second time round). Now the hard part. the next day WC how to make sure the dead ones are washed away?
Old 20-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #149
amkbettafan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyoneeyez View Post
Hey guys, Any guidance on how to wash tubi?

What i do is i pour the freshly bought tubi into a net and wash under running water. (I'm gonna change to age water after reading the thread) Den follow by spread them out on a basin with cold water.(Gonna use black water the second time round). Now the hard part. the next day WC how to make sure the dead ones are washed away?
If you let some running water flow in the container, the dead ones should float. Just pour out, dun worry pouring live ones too.......tubi is cheap

And, better to put a bubbler, then water wont foul so quick. Am considering using an activated carbon filter as well, but yet to try so...
amkbettafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #150
Lazyoneeyez

Thanks bro for your input. =D currently feeding my first set of "mixed-up fries" with tubi. Not must problem atm =D