Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 12-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #21
eddiecheng
Dragon

Below is an update of my new collections. They are getting better some still stress but most of the fishes are healthy and strong especially the bigger ones. Finished 3 days of prazigold,metro. Now feeding them metro medicated food for another few days. starting to feed abit food each today so that they get used to my food. 90% wc daily for them already.

next few post will introduce some good food and handy stuffz for fellow discus buddies.
eddiecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #22
citi21
Arofanatic

wow you are the Albino Blue diamond champion!!!
citi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #23
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecheng View Post
Below is an update of my new collections. They are getting better some still stress but most of the fishes are healthy and strong especially the bigger ones. Finished 3 days of prazigold,metro. Now feeding them metro medicated food for another few days. starting to feed abit food each today so that they get used to my food. 90% wc daily for them already.

next few post will introduce some good food and handy stuffz for fellow discus buddies.
Awesome collections you have! Upgrading tank? Seems bit crowded for these beauties...
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #24
eddiecheng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Awesome collections you have! Upgrading tank? Seems bit crowded for these beauties...
after they pass my my health screening and IPPT i will give them their pes status.

PES A will be migrated here

Old 13-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #25
eddiecheng
Dragon

Below are some handy food that i find it useful to share to all my discus kaki.
If you have problems deworming and mixing beefheart etc . Use this to deworm. very convenient.

This is for treatments of protozoans. The flake has garlic to mask the bitterness of the metronidazole and the added ingredient of spirulina. We have now added probiotics to this mix to aid in the digestion and the breakdown of the food.

Ingredients: salmon meal, dried brewer’s yeast, soy flour, wheat flour, oat flour, corn gluten meal, dried spirulina algae, garlic, shrimp meal, dried krill, fish oil, paprika, lecithin, vitamin supplements a, d3, b12, biotin, metronidazole, natural coloring, ascorbic acid (source of vitamin c). Dried bacillus subtilis fermentation product, dried bacillus licheniformis fermentation

this is another food that i feel discus fish will wack anytime is blackworms. These are clean worms as they are raised in controlled environments. Theres 2 kind flat and cubes. for me cubes one will take it readily. I have bought from different sources and found out blackworms au is better in terms of quality.

btw i also find beefheart/heart meal solid and i feed them too. these are extra supplements.

Last edited by eddiecheng; 13-01-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 13-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #26
Jordan
Arofanatic

so many abd and yellow albino , are they breed by you breed or buy one
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #27
eddiecheng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
so many abd and yellow albino , are they breed by you breed or buy one
nope bro bought them for friends and myself. below are some of my new soon collect collection. abd again but better shape and body. these abd got outcross before with giant genes so they look big and awesome.

currently 5". Only manage to get 4 pieces from seller. Have few projects to do over these 6 months, must get ready 2 feet tanks.

i like my lss female spots and face. i'm getting this to try combine with my female to see what i get. trying to achieve head spotted with lss body spots.

Old 13-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #28
Jordan
Arofanatic

bro , you must be quite rich to afford all these , are you intend to start a farm
Old 13-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #29
eddiecheng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
bro , you must be quite rich to afford all these , are you intend to start a farm
no la the fishes 1/3 are bought for friends the rest is mine to keep and grow out. when they are bigger i plan to put a bigger tank for them. the other fishes i shown earlier only buying few pieces each to keep. but one day i would like to work something different instead of facing computer everyday.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #30
Jordan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecheng View Post
no la the fishes 1/3 are bought for friends the rest is mine to keep and grow out. when they are bigger i plan to put a bigger tank for them. the other fishes i shown earlier only buying few pieces each to keep. but one day i would like to work something different instead of facing computer everyday.
can buy some for me too from the pic you have posted , you don't look just a plain hobbyist , it seem you have a bigger ambition on discus