Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 29-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
NTH
Arofanatic

Default ARO FOOD discusion.

Hi aro lovers,
As we have all probably know that everyone feeds a combination of different food to there aro's. Can anyone share there feeding experience and what food they have fed? Also one of my Qs is, I have been training my aro to eat hikari food sticks for 2 months now changing from mp and sw (too dirty). However the aro still spits the foodsticks out. Hmmm
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Garfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTH View Post
Hi aro lovers,
As we have all probably know that everyone feeds a combination of different food to there aro's. Can anyone share there feeding experience and what food they have fed? Also one of my Qs is, I have been training my aro to eat hikari food sticks for 2 months now changing from mp and sw (too dirty). However the aro still spits the foodsticks out. Hmmm
yeah i just got a pack of foodsticks too but mine is simply not interested...mine just arrived last week and it is a firm sw feeder...so just started to train it to take mp...got to starve it for a day before it will wack the mp...sigh...heart pain to not feed it daily man but it has got to learn lah.
Old 29-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Kaellis

be firm and dont feed the fella, he will have to leaern, as for me, i have a comm of aros, at firt they were not interested, after afew days of starving, they started o SNATCH foodsticks form each other
Old 29-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
NTH
Arofanatic

Well if i starve mine it eats the next day. But then later it does the same and spits out.
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Well if i starve mine it eats the next day. But then later it does the same and spits out.
As long as you are going into this conversion program you must stick to it and not giving up half way.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
matthew
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hi aro lovers,
Juz 2 share. I feed my aros once a night w mp. Wil give them bullfrogs aft they finish their servings of mp so 2 pump them. I wil also stuff food sticks into mp occassionly (very troublesome) 4 xtra vitamins.
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
CBTG
Dragon

you must harden your heart and show it that in this world there only one food that is food stick. no others, take it or leave it. cheers......
CBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
A|X
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTG View Post
you must harden your heart and show it that in this world there only one food that is food stick. no others, take it or leave it. cheers......
easier said then done but i strongly believe it can be done. a few have proved it.

having said the above, i'm still trying leh, not 100% successfull yet.
Will persevere till the desired outcome...hehe
A|X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #9
Azroy
Endangered Dragon

i dont dare to buy foodsticks for my aro. skali buy liao he dowant to eat how

Currently on small frogs. Quitted feeding SWs to him cause it makes my water "dusty"
Azroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
longyi
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Perhaps u should try another brand of food sticks for ur aro an see what happen.
longyi is offline   Reply With Quote