Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 18-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #31
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
What is the different between tanga and malawi??
Both are different rifts and different fishes.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #32
jack_dempsey
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
what a dither fish bro? .. sorry
Another type of fish to distract its attention
jack_dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #33
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:

sharing a tank of mine....
bro nice n simple setup (=
DW dun go with fronts cos they bring pH down while fronts need high pH
adding more rocks gives more hiding space since ur fronts still small
n if possible,try adding more fronts to say maybe at least 5-6pieces ssince fronts naturally live in colonies
if possible(u haf space n within ur budget)try to get a bigger tank say 4ft n above n u'll c ur fronts to vry well
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #34
BuTLeR

bro young vbery hard for me to get a bigger tank .... but i will replace the DW to rocks ....
Old 19-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #35
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
bro young vbery hard for me to get a bigger tank .... but i will replace the DW to rocks ....
icic thn maybe u try to add more rocks to create caves n u can add malawians like demasoni,or other tangans like calvus n comps (=
Old 19-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #36
ahheng

nice and simple set-up ..
Old 19-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #37
Young Man
Senior Dragon

here's a suggestion.u c e whitish rock u have?get more of e same kind of rock.thn remove the fronts to a temporary holding container.do e arrangement of the rocks n put all e fronts in together.if u have bot other tankmates,even better (: if the fronts turn aggressive,try doing some rearrangements till they r ok with each other.
btw,maybe u can change the filter to a OHF or a small cannister(eg: eheim 2213,2222 etc etc.. )
Old 19-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #38
Venustus

Hi bro BuTLeR.
Dark rounded mix sizes rocks can be a gd alternative. And i observed frontosa find great comfort in rocks that are clustered..
From the angle of the pot, i guess the substrate in your tank is about half an inch thick.
When you have the rocks, and whether you gonna stack them or not, it is wiser to let the rocks sit on the bottom glass instead of on the substrate so they won't lean when the frontosa start to find another reason to dig.
Lastly, you can try getting those light blue corrugated plastic board, place it under your existing light and you would have a nice and serene aquarium.
Old 20-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #39
S750WP

Probably this will give him inspiration. Btw I also started my frontosa comm not long still learning from the bro here.
Old 20-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #40
BuTLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
icic thn maybe u try to add more rocks to create caves n u can add malawians like demasoni,or other tangans like calvus n comps (=
think i will remove the DW and rescape my tank... thanks bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheng View Post
nice and simple set-up ..
thanks bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
here's a suggestion.u c e whitish rock u have?get more of e same kind of rock.thn remove the fronts to a temporary holding container.do e arrangement of the rocks n put all e fronts in together.if u have bot other tankmates,even better (: if the fronts turn aggressive,try doing some rearrangements till they r ok with each other.
btw,maybe u can change the filter to a OHF or a small cannister(eg: eheim 2213,2222 etc etc.. )
ya one of my fronts right now still digging holes... i will change to a cannister if the water conditions not right.. so far i changing water every 2 days at 30% ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venustus View Post
Hi bro BuTLeR.
Dark rounded mix sizes rocks can be a gd alternative. And i observed frontosa find great comfort in rocks that are clustered..
From the angle of the pot, i guess the substrate in your tank is about half an inch thick.
When you have the rocks, and whether you gonna stack them or not, it is wiser to let the rocks sit on the bottom glass instead of on the substrate so they won't lean when the frontosa start to find another reason to dig.
Lastly, you can try getting those light blue corrugated plastic board, place it under your existing light and you would have a nice and serene aquarium.
so you suggest for a thicker substrate ? i get what you mean on the digging part... izzit beter to provide cave-like shelter for them ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post

Probably this will give him inspiration. Btw I also started my frontosa comm not long still learning from the bro here.
this is poisoning!!!! what a imppressive setup!!!