Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #71
ahloy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheng View Post
Once u finalise the setting for ur tank, try not to disturb them too much. Hopefully they will settle down faster.

There was once i disturb my 1ft tank too much that my pair of similis refuse to show face after that.
End-up i have to introduce another pc of similis to lure them out.
i trying to get some flat rock so they will only be able to go and out of the entrance where i can see them... and also a feeding area where they willl come when i appear or i on the light.. LOL

am i dreaming too much?
ahloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #72
A.SickLids
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahloy View Post
i trying to get some flat rock so they will only be able to go and out of the entrance where i can see them... and also a feeding area where they willl come when i appear or i on the light.. LOL

am i dreaming too much?
In my opinion they'll go out when they have settled down well. Mine doesn't hide already unless I make sudden large moments and spook them. So you're not dreaming bro
A.SickLids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #73
sheng
Dragon

That a common thing, it happened to mee too, rojak

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkalvin View Post
only 2.5ft X 1.5 X 2
5 brevis , 2 similis ,4 ocellatus gold n 6 juv shellies that look like brevis ( cant remember their name ) and 5 sandshifter
this are really what a ROJAK means.... haha
sheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #74
ahloy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.SickLids View Post
In my opinion they'll go out when they have settled down well. Mine doesn't hide already unless I make sudden large moments and spook them. So you're not dreaming bro
Thanks bro.. hope they will settle soon.. will temp them with NLS food tonight..

this morning i fed both the female.. they are eating well.. just the male still hiding an d shy shy de.. i think he is gay.. how to be aphla male like that man..

o my god!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #75
Pikapig
Dragon

no bro...i notice male are v shy....
despite de size

how much u got the nls for?
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #76
ahloy
Dragon

haven yet to get them.. going to get them tonight.. after working going to travel to c328.. maybe give them a treat of live bbs also.. ha..

o, really.. the female like more gungho lol.. should get more female if they dun fight.. LOL..
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #77
Pikapig
Dragon

actualli i nv notice any aggression from the female...yah..1 male to 2 female is like this...abit like lion behaviour..the male keep hiding..then de female guarding the shells...by the way, think the turbo shells can make it...i see my meleagris and multies all choosing that shell...
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #78
ahloy
Dragon

ok.. i'm not that worry about the shell.. more on the male.. cos he hide from my sight.. so duno wad is happening.. maybe will shift the lava rock closer to the back of the tank wall.. so i can abit of the male head..

btw does the male need a shell too? it ok? i thinking of not getting shell but maybe get coconut hust to form a cave like thingy for the shellies.. do u guy think it will work?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #79
sheng
Dragon

using shells will be much better.
More nature look.
BTW will the coconut hust affect the PH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahloy View Post
ok.. i'm not that worry about the shell.. more on the male.. cos he hide from my sight.. so duno wad is happening.. maybe will shift the lava rock closer to the back of the tank wall.. so i can abit of the male head..

btw does the male need a shell too? it ok? i thinking of not getting shell but maybe get coconut hust to form a cave like thingy for the shellies.. do u guy think it will work?
sheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #80
ahloy
Dragon

eh.. should not be ba.. i intend to dyi it.. like buy those coconut jelly from flea market.. then eat and cut into half and use the shell..

i got this idea cause i see bro ectan tank mostly have cave like hide out.. but his is like those under ground cave build by the shellies..

so getting suggestion to see it this will work out?