Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 23-08-2005, 06:29 PM   #311
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
so now u buy urself?

lucky I never buy yet

there are the more exp type from aquamedic which will cost ard 200+ but there are also cheap cheap types...

up to individuals

Bro Humongous? u can buy the OTTO one from C328...my side Petmart not cheaper than ur asking price leh

u both got the schematics for hooking up the FBF liao rite?
does the height of the cylinder matter... like s,m,l....?
Old 23-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #312
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
u heard abt Zeovit? testing u
Zeovit... what is that?
Old 24-08-2005, 02:52 AM   #313
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
Last week BM came my house for stand-by-tank..... 1st thing he said: "Colour faded! Why like that?"
when comapre to your showcase pic, colour did fade a liiiiiiiittle. no worries bro. i ever read from bm tat there will be an interim period where colour fade and come come much stronger. hope tat is wat happening to your ping. if no major changes or fluctuation, i don't see any reason for change. think the key word is consistent. eventhough its the wrong or bad way, as long its consistently wrong and bad, it may become gd . i still drooling over the popiah
Old 24-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #314
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous
Sorry Bro for asking for the master script. Paiseh if I cross the OB, cos I did not know I am wrong handed.... .

Still waiting for your source of FBF.... what kind of sand should i use?
nope...u were not wrong handed...just tat I become more cautious now...ppl copy and become their propriety...shortcut to heaven

OTTO is a good brand to start with cos it comes with all the adjustable knobs for big or small pump heads...able to finetune easily

No fret over the master script thingy...its just alot more detailed than wat I have typed all over the shop in AF since I been toking about colors (un-organised)

in Y618 they have standard sand to use...think its size 0 or something...best is using sillica cos it will not react or break down easily
Old 24-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #315
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous
does the height of the cylinder matter... like s,m,l....?
size = volume = filtration volume

also requires diff pump size

my 6ft uses a L or could use 2 Ls
Old 24-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #316
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie2000
when comapre to your showcase pic, colour did fade a liiiiiiiittle. no worries bro. i ever read from bm tat there will be an interim period where colour fade and come come much stronger. hope tat is wat happening to your ping. if no major changes or fluctuation, i don't see any reason for change. think the key word is consistent. eventhough its the wrong or bad way, as long its consistently wrong and bad, it may become gd . i still drooling over the popiah
I dont think this is the so call interim period where color fade and will become better. Something else, maybe 7 month got alot of ppl walking around so fish stress lah.... maybe?
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #317
kimkuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman
I dont think this is the so call interim period where color fade and will become better. Something else, maybe 7 month got alot of ppl walking around so fish stress lah.... maybe?
Got a lot of ppl or "XXXXX" ???
Old 24-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #318
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkuan
Got a lot of ppl or "XXXXX" ???

I can see dead ppl.........
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #319
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM32
AditAbangTerenceTwentyEight

Adit, red aro has to go thru a periods of up and down especially when she is less than 5 to 6 years old. My Apa red was like that before and only recently has settled with his color. No more down than up...now is up up upzzzz.
Ping Ping has very good gene, so not to worry. Are you sure your water PH for Ping Ping is 5.1? I think is around 6.8, I can see and feel from here.

Actually controlling PH by CO2 is quite dangerous.
Let me tell you a story happened last night.
Last night, me almost killed my Itu Red. My CO2 solenoid valve leak and excess CO2 absorded into the water. When i noticed it, my fish already floated up side down and lying motionless just gapping for breath. My wife and children pronouned the fish "Death". They have seen my fishes at such condition before and they all dead. I never give up cos i love my aros[$$$$]

I quickly shut the CO2 supply and added 6 air stones with 3 air pumps.
Called my Nep Andrew, he advised me to change 50% water to remove the CO2. The rest leave to the fish to fight for her life.

Last night could not sleep well. Pray to all Gods for help. This morning fish swimming and give me a look and say, hehehe "I am back".

Now I am going to let my aros live in a natural environment that he/she loves most. No more CO2. Everything now "Natural", my old ways of keeping.

Warning to CO2 owner, pls take note [advice from My Nep Andrew]

There is a one way valve attached on the outlet of the bubble counter cup.
This one way valve is very importance. It can serve as pressure safety check valve. In the case when your solenoid valve leak or a sudden burst of CO2 supply. This one way check valve can still manage the amount of CO2 supply or will break due to the pressure. Hence stopping the excess CO2 into your tank water.

My one way check valve was broken 2 days before and i connected the supply directly just by passing the one way check valve. I learned my lesson.

Sorry, Adit..hope i have not deviated your thread. Just want to share since your thread also talk about PH. Hope you forgive Abang.

What i suggest now is..pump up Ping Ping. Don't worry about her color. You know her special gene. The time when you are ready, she will show you her COLOR.

Regards
Glad your aro is back.
Agree with u. Think my red do seem to fade in & out too. Then for such young red, I really don't quite bother with it. I'm more concern that the red is not growing any longer. That will mean that none of my 3 aros will ever grow to 24" length.
Old 24-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #320
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman
I can see dead ppl.........
sure bo, u got 2 worlds eyes./......
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote