Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 23-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #91
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
Bro Ken_yg

thanks for your kind compliments and feedback...I merely lay out on the table the details of the tanning experiment I perform for the past 6 months...with the various lights and positions...

Water like Vil have mentioned is a critical key towards the success of tanning

Timing is another...doing it at the right time, right place will make it easier

ur emperor is of very gd genes...can see the tummy area although the rims are still not too defined...its still very impressive...

top tanning have their believers hence I do not wan to discount the credibility
Thanks for compliment. That's lot of research & hardwork u contributed here. Would have up u again, but still has to spread more around.
Other than tanning & water condition, I would think diets that could help red development as of equal important for red. It is believe that agents for enhancing of red/orange come more from food that red eat.
My tank is lcoated near window, thus other than tanning lighting on top of tank, it got strong natural diffuse lighting from outdoor.

Old 23-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #92
krowana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_yg
Thanks for compliment. That's lot of research & hardwork u contributed here. Would have up u again, but still has to spread more around.
Other than tanning & water condition, I would think diets that could help red development as of equal important for red. It is believe that agents for enhancing of red/orange come more from food that red eat.
So your recommendation is no other than mp?

Old 23-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #93
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowana
So your recommendation is no other than mp?
MP contain carotenoid?, pellets may have astaxanthin, etc. These will help red development. If aro doesn't eat MP. we could feed enriched pellets to BF, dry shrimps, etc.

Last edited by ken_yg; 23-09-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Old 23-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #94
terence28

Quote:
My tank is lcoated near window, thus other than tanning lighting on top of tank, it got strong natural diffuse lighting from outdoor.
excellent red there! I believe the light source from window helps like a form of side tanning. More natural way than hanging a light at the front glass...

From my observation visiting some bro's house where they dun use lights to tan, just sunlight from side... top is sheltered.

Old 23-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #95
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28
excellent red there! I believe the light source from window helps like a form of side tanning. More natural way than hanging a light at the front glass...

From my observation visiting some bro's house where they dun use lights to tan, just sunlight from side... top is sheltered.

I agree too. My other red located indoor don't seem to develop coloration at the belly zone. Still whitist. This one probably need side tanning.

Old 23-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #96
terence28

Quote:
The emperor tagged 25/5/2002. So should be around 3.5 - 4 years.
i believe age plays an important part... like Kage says... TIMING... alot of pple are trying to shortcut the process to get a RED fish in shortest time...

Old 23-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #97
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowana
Is this what you mean, bro kage?
hmm...I think the coverage area is correct but the placement of the lights

Old 23-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #98
krowana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
hmm...I think the coverage area is correct but the placement of the lights
You mean there is still something wrong with the light placement? Can you kindly advice?

Old 23-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #99
krowana

Quote:
i believe age plays an important part... like Kage says... TIMING... alot of pple are trying to shortcut the process to get a RED fish in shortest time...
What you said is true, bro. Sometime when we went to LFS, you can see most mature fish with TLC can give out very good developement. I believe for red, the older it is, the better is it.

Old 23-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #100
ken_yg

Quote:
Recent batch of VIP reds probably mean something.
If not gene factor, then red could be enhanced. Just a trade secret?

Tags
tanning light arowana