Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 14-10-2004, 10:34 PM   #1
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Default Aquaz T5 parabolic reflector review

At less than $20 a piece .. Aquaz should be the best value for money T5 parabolic reflector at the moment.

It comes packaged with 2 plastic snap on C-clips that snaps on tightly to the reflector. The C-clip can "swing" slightly from side to side to accomodate the movement of the tube. The overall design of the reflector is good and its light yet rigid enough.

However, I personally would like to have predrilled holes for mounting of the reflector. The inverted "V" makes it difficult to drill holes.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
Ekia

yup.. i'm using them as well.. really good value for money.... much much brighter with the reflectors... my clip different from yours though... I mounted the clip onto the wooden plank.. so not much trouble for me

Just mounted the reflectors.... look at those glaring reflections

A closer look...

Before lights on...

After lights on.... How many tubes do u see?
Old 15-10-2004, 09:11 AM   #3
nim75sg

I am using the 4ft Reflector to replace the "cheap" reflector from the 5ft AquaLight Retrofit Kit and then using the "cheapo" Aqualight to cover the remaining 6 inches at both ends of the retrofit kit.

This is the one currently deployed on my "outside" 6ft tank.

Overall ... pretty good reflector and value for money!
Old 22-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #4
Bonefish

HI bro,

Can share where did you buy the reflector from??

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™
At less than $20 a piece .. Aquaz should be the best value for money T5 parabolic reflector at the moment.

It comes packaged with 2 plastic snap on C-clips that snaps on tightly to the reflector. The C-clip can "swing" slightly from side to side to accomodate the movement of the tube. The overall design of the reflector is good and its light yet rigid enough.

However, I personally would like to have predrilled holes for mounting of the reflector. The inverted "V" makes it difficult to drill holes.
Old 22-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #5
orgasbt

Aquaz Dealers Click here
Old 02-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #6
jc85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™

Where u got ur plastic clip?
Old 02-11-2004, 06:54 PM   #7
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc85
Where u got ur plastic clip?
it comes included with the reflector
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:07 AM   #8
melvin_weishun

AquaMarin @ 246 Jalan Kayu is selling them. Look for Janet when you are there. She might give you guys a good price for the reflectors.. She got a wide range of AquaZ's T5 parabolic reflectors. Even AquaZ's T5 tubes. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefish
HI bro,

Can share where did you buy the reflector from??

Thanks.