Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
devilfire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Aquapharm scientific formula salt mix

for the benefit of all reefers here, juz did some tests on the above.

water was treated wif seachem prime prior 2 mixing salt.

SG-1.023
KH-5.28(salifert)
PO4-0PPM(salifert)
NO3-0.2PPM(salifert)(could b fr water source,since it's low, didnt test on water source)
Calcium-405PPM(mini labor)
MG-1005PPM(salifert)
Ammonia-0PPM(sera-old test kit)

ever since i switched fr marine environment 2 the above, i always hav problem wif the KH, dun talk abt raising it, maintaining it is already a problem.
there was a period of time i oso had problem wif the MG. luckily did some tests today.

conclusion-CHANGE BRAND!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
nicky30092002
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Aquapharm

Aquapharm scientific formula salt mix ???
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
Creetin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bro how much u bot it? where?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:39 AM   #4
devilfire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creetin
bro how much u bot it? where?
abt $10 per box at eaquarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky30092002
Aquapharm scientific formula salt mix ???
affirmative.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 03:47 AM   #5
woonming
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Devil fire you sure the box is Aquapharm ? But eAquarist is already close for sometime ....

From what i know the staffs distributing products Aquapharm also distribute a salt which is known as marine environment. Is this the brand you are talking about?

Maybe a pic of the salt box would be good so others would not be confuse ..

Hehe

Ming
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:04 AM   #6
devilfire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming
Devil fire you sure the box is Aquapharm ? But eAquarist is already close for sometime ....

From what i know the staffs distributing products Aquapharm also distribute a salt which is known as marine environment. Is this the brand you are talking about?

Maybe a pic of the salt box would be good so others would not be confuse ..

Hehe

Ming
eaquarist had oni officially closed recently. due 2 our close relation, i still get stuffs fr them recently. now they still offer me zoo mix(think abt 20kg)(tropic marine) at $40++ oni.

the above i mentioned looks very similar 2 marine environment in terms of packaging. however, ME is green n the abovementioned is brown. i cant get confused over the 2 as i had tried both.

sorry cant provide pics as i had thrown away the box
or is there any website 4 me 2 dig out the pics?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:07 AM   #7
woonming
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

wow i did not know they had gone into salt mix too
Nope it is not their company website...

Ming
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
devilfire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonming
wow i did not know they had gone into salt mix too
Nope it is not their company website...

Ming

the brand on it's package is not obvious. 1 look u will c "scientific formula".
inside the box there's always a pamphlet of aquapharm products.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #9
Ekia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
for the benefit of all reefers here, juz did some tests on the above.

water was treated wif seachem prime prior 2 mixing salt.

SG-1.023
KH-5.28(salifert)
PO4-0PPM(salifert)
NO3-0.2PPM(salifert)(could b fr water source,since it's low, didnt test on water source)
Calcium-405PPM(mini labor)
MG-1005PPM(salifert)
Ammonia-0PPM(sera-old test kit)

ever since i switched fr marine environment 2 the above, i always hav problem wif the KH, dun talk abt raising it, maintaining it is already a problem.
there was a period of time i oso had problem wif the MG. luckily did some tests today.

conclusion-CHANGE BRAND!!!
Coralife would be a good choice... First, its very easy to dissolve and the parameters are quite good. I tested the water parameters of coralife recently, didnt test NO3 though.

Calcium - 550ppm (good for water change, save money on addictives )
kH - 7
Mg - 1200ppm

Rather impressive I must say.. considering the price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:51 PM   #10
devilfire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
Coralife would be a good choice... First, its very easy to dissolve and the parameters are quite good. I tested the water parameters of coralife recently, didnt test NO3 though.

Calcium - 550ppm (good for water change, save money on addictives )
kH - 7
Mg - 1200ppm

Rather impressive I must say.. considering the price.
juz bought a bucket today...

red sea out, aquapharm oso out..
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)