Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 03-01-2005, 03:33 AM   #21
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
for the benefit of all reefers here, juz did some tests on the above.

water was treated wif seachem prime prior 2 mixing salt.

SG-1.023
KH-5.28(salifert)
PO4-0PPM(salifert)
NO3-0.2PPM(salifert)(could b fr water source,since it's low, didnt test on water source)
Calcium-405PPM(mini labor)
MG-1005PPM(salifert)
Ammonia-0PPM(sera-old test kit)

ever since i switched fr marine environment 2 the above, i always hav problem wif the KH, dun talk abt raising it, maintaining it is already a problem.
there was a period of time i oso had problem wif the MG. luckily did some tests today.

conclusion-CHANGE BRAND!!!
I support u bro , DON BUY.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #22
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabeye
Devilfire,

Aquapharm does not have its own salt. They actually repacked "marine environment" into 2 kg (green), which is suitable for people like us who change 20% water biweekly.I don't have to buy the big bag to keep. The Brown package you bought was actually "Coral Marine" which is a lower graded salt than Marine Environment. Of course you got a different result.

I have been using Marine Environment.. two thumb up! no other brand can compare!!!!Why risk your LR with china made salt. You made the right choice at first, do not be misleaded! I even know there are at least 2 LFS using all Marine Environment for all their tanks in shops.. no joke!

The only thing I hope is Marine Environment can have the 20kg in tub..and give free T-shirt... so that I can proudly tell everyone, I am using No. 1 salt in my tank. ke..ke..ke..

(*I got all this info from a reliable old time LFS .. "re****" , Aqua****," cannot be wrong!*)
Hmm... may I know which China Brand salt are u refering to? I personally havent seen any China salt around.

Devilfire: You are right. Coralife is from the U.S.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 PM   #23
nitro

Default Product

I really doubt the integrity of this cxxxxxx's postings. Bros, pls be weary of wat you pos........
Old 03-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #24
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro
I really doubt the integrity of this cxxxxxx's postings. Bros, pls be weary of wat you pos........
Same thinking when I read that post
Old 03-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #25
cire

recently tested my ME salt mix @ SG 1.028 using Salifert test kit but CA, KH n MG way way below my expectation especially KH
so now using CL... at least value for money
Old 03-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #26
cire

above result obtiane is without adding the small bottle of addictive
maybe if i added result will be different...i dunno oso
dun flame nor sue me hor
Old 19-01-2005, 05:08 AM   #27
crabeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
Hmm... may I know which China Brand salt are u refering to? I personally havent seen any China salt around.

Devilfire: You are right. Coralife is from the U.S.

Coralife was made in USA but is now manufactured in China. You can say they are from USA but they are chinamade salt. I dont think I said wrongly.

I do not have ill intention to Coralife but just sharing the fact with you guys, why push me to the wall?

By the way I have recently tried out Tropic Marine Pro reef on my coral tank. I shall say excellent product 100% from GERMANY!!! Worth every cents spent!
Old 19-01-2005, 04:30 PM   #28
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabeye
Coralife was made in USA but is now manufactured in China. You can say they are from USA but they are chinamade salt. I dont think I said wrongly.

I do not have ill intention to Coralife but just sharing the fact with you guys, why push me to the wall?

By the way I have recently tried out Tropic Marine Pro reef on my coral tank. I shall say excellent product 100% from GERMANY!!! Worth every cents spent!
Good info... but as long as its good enough... I don't mind whether its made in China or the US..