Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2006, 02:19 AM   #51
TALOS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockbasss View Post
are white tree frogs same as green tree frogs?
if not.. what are their differences?????
white's tree frogs are sometimes called green tree frogs as well.
cos they're green most of the time.
they're also called dumpy frogs cos females will have this thick lump of flesh on top of each eye when they're mature which makes them look dumpy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #52
Exotic_chew
Arofanatic
 
Exotic_chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALOS View Post
white's tree frogs are sometimes called green tree frogs as well.
cos they're green most of the time.
they're also called dumpy frogs cos females will have this thick lump of flesh on top of each eye when they're mature which makes them look dumpy.
talos! so smart! haa
Exotic_chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #53
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon
 
Occellatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,797
Default

I have BFs with me...used for feeding my tigers and aros.

I throw in Nutrafin Basix pellets and the BF whack like crazy. Maybe White's tree frog takes pellets as well?
Occellatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #54
Exotic_chew
Arofanatic
 
Exotic_chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 470
Default

nope it is because ur bull frog is hungry and there is alittle water in the container of BF , so when u throw in the pellets they tend to float around , which imitade moving insects.. tats y they will wack.
Exotic_chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #55
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon
 
Occellatus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic_chew View Post
nope it is because ur bull frog is hungry and there is alittle water in the container of BF , so when u throw in the pellets they tend to float around , which imitade moving insects.. tats y they will wack.
oh cool....yeah...they are sure hungry! Dun really feed these feeder BFs....so thats y throw in pellets, they whack. But then besides pellets and mealworms, I really dunno what else to feed these BF liao.

Anyway, was at paris ris farm recently and saw the BF tadpoles.....very big!
Occellatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #56
bsplenden
Senior Dragon
 
bsplenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occellatus View Post
oh cool....yeah...they are sure hungry! Dun really feed these feeder BFs....so thats y throw in pellets, they whack. But then besides pellets and mealworms, I really dunno what else to feed these BF liao.

Anyway, was at paris ris farm recently and saw the BF tadpoles.....very big!
Can feed them feeder fish also. Just throw inside and watch them hunt.
bsplenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #57
new_
Dragon
 
new_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsplenden View Post
Can feed them feeder fish also. Just throw inside and watch them hunt.
i thought BF eats pellets??? there is a BF farm in LCK rearing those BF meant for human consumption and i have visited it several times.. they feed them pellets but is not those for fishes lar.. i think the pellets are formulated for the bfs..
new_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #58
bsplenden
Senior Dragon
 
bsplenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ View Post
i thought BF eats pellets??? there is a BF farm in LCK rearing those BF meant for human consumption and i have visited it several times.. they feed them pellets but is not those for fishes lar.. i think the pellets are formulated for the bfs..
I only say BF can eat feeder fish also.

Feed them eat pellets too boring for me.
bsplenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 02:25 AM   #59
TALOS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic_chew View Post
talos! so smart! haa
haha! don kachoew me la bro!
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 02:27 AM   #60
TALOS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

frogs will eat anything that moves and can fit into their mouths.
frogs that are more aquatic will eat fish as well as the usual insects,
the more terrestial frogs don eat fish in the wild but they will take it if u feed them.
just give them a variety of foods rather than an single type and also try to dust the food with some supplements at least once a week and u'l have yourself a healthy pet that can live for several years.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)