Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum > Showcase & Updates

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #41
fishyfishy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Bro how r u? Bro lincoln can definitely help u on this lah, he is quite gd at water mgmt.
Hi Bro, I just start back this hobby after that time i sold everything at home. Now my water not 100% stable for rays yet, still need more advice from the rays experts to improve.
fishyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #42
fishyfishy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
So by the time it's mixed 10-20 times, wouldn't the name be too long? A number would probably be easier.

So far they have not been able to differentiate many of the different ray types and genetically different enough to be classified different. It's currently based quite unscientifically on looks.
Y so troublesome? I just go for a ray i liek that's all.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #43
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfishy View Post
Y so troublesome? I just go for a ray i liek that's all.
Hobbyist and breeder think differently. Breeder will be thinking how the rays match and buy according to bloodline and looks.

Plus no one really knows what a SP will turn out. It's like choosing XB & RTG fry mixed together when they are 2 inches with egg sac.

Now pay $450 you go choose, will you try to see which is XB or anyhow pick 'one that you like'? All look the same now right? No difference right?

Bloodline is important.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #44
^GeNoME^
Dragon

Quote:
Probably putting a number behind without the F, would help to determine the number of times the SP has been crossed back with PDR?

PDR(2)SP or PDR(2)Pearl(1) if the other parent is known...2 parts PDR, 1 part pearl?

haha.. maybe? i dunnoe leh.. most importantly need to standardise lar.. maybe all the rays breeders in singapore can gather to discuss? or maybe just change the "F" to "P"

eg. PDR sp P2 = 2 part of pdr with 1 part of sp? haha
^GeNoME^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #45
fishyfishy
Dragon

Quote:
Hobbyist and breeder think differently. Breeder will be thinking how the rays match and buy according to bloodline and looks.

Plus no one really knows what a SP will turn out. It's like choosing XB & RTG fry mixed together when they are 2 inches with egg sac.

Now pay $450 you go choose, will you try to see which is XB or anyhow pick 'one that you like'? All look the same now right? No difference right?

Bloodline is important.
aros are diff they come with tag, if turn out like RTG i go back change. Rays, no choice, u got to base on trust then. I saw many posted PDR sp for sale but look like motoro to me, it's pointless, if me i rather post motoro sp for sale.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
lincolngoh

Quote:
aros are diff they come with tag, if turn out like RTG i go back change. Rays, no choice, u got to base on trust then. I saw many posted PDR sp for sale but look like motoro to me, it's pointless, if me i rather post motoro sp for sale.
You are missing the point. What I am trying to illustrate is that you can't tell anything much from looks. Like 2 inch aro fry, bloodline is more important.

If they are sure of the bloodline, having bred the ray, it is right that they post it as PDR Sp, as they should list it's bloodline accurately.

If you did not breed the ray and you are unsure, then you can state purchased as "XXXX ray" and quote the source.

Looks do not matter, as long as the bloodline is there, it should be stated. Buyers should also be aware that there is a broad range of possibilities the SP ray could turn out to look, just as not all tagged reds will turn red and not all tagged crossbacks will cross.

Perhaps you have not seen how rays can transform, but what looks like a motoro now, may not look like a motoro in the future.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #47
jason1202
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Carefully look at the tail, a perfect PDR tail. F2 technically 75% PDR blood, thus attaining a nice tail and colour tone. Thus, when pple trying to sell u F2 PDR SP, u guys shld know wat to look for liao. Cant imagine the power of F3
Yes lah bro!! I know liao!! thanks alot for the valuable advise!!!
jason1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #48
jason1202
Arofanatic

Quote:
Tats y bro, must only get from reliable source... Go read the thread i start.. will gain some gd info there de!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #49
fishyfishy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1202 View Post
Tats y bro, must only get from reliable source... Go read the thread i start.. will gain some gd info there de!
bro, to me as long as i like the ray even motoro i'll buy.. I dun see parentage and names...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #50
jason1202
Arofanatic

Quote:
bro, to me as long as i like the ray even motoro i'll buy.. I dun see parentage and names...
Not so much about parentage or names.. But is the reliablities of the supply. If u happen to get a very nice so called PDRSP, when down the road it turn out to be like normal sp.. how will you feel?