Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 18-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #71
fong
Dragon

This was the 2001 aquarama grand champion ... you quoted "gold tone crossing is one of the citeria for good xback during competition. but neither do i see a fully cross pale xback winning the competition leh".... don't think this 2001 winner has much gold tone to talk. I guess this is probably pale looking with blue base shine and high crossing when young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
gold tone crossing is one of the citeria for good xback during competition. but neither do i see a fully cross pale xback winning the competition leh. so your views on crossing is "THE" main citeria for price determination when buying does not hold too.

when buying young xback......less out those top notch ones........you simply can't determine if it will cross or not. the only thing you can see is its shape, shine level and base color. price of xback is determine by the shine level when young but you can never tell accurately if it will crosses when it grows older. the same thing applies to the gold tone intensity. like vic said gold tone only comes when they grow older.

so again the price is determine largely on shine and base color level development and not by gold tone crossing at the 6th level. your views on crossing applies to xb which have growin into adult stages of its life. this one my opinion lah hor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg champ.jpg (38.1 KB, 614 views)
Old 18-08-2004, 02:34 PM   #72
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

things i see in x/b

the gold tone..the arrangements of pearls..cross or dun cross nvm..
nowadays ppl see xb as..the crossings.the more crossing the better..i have seen a x/b..now abot 2.5 feet long more maybe more in the pond..when young time..ppl say say its a rtg..but now fully cross after 6 years..the gold shine is unbelieveable..
Old 18-08-2004, 03:00 PM   #73
fong
Dragon

now standard very high liao.. high crossing and good shine are quite common. So crossing becomes mandate. Many ppl see non crossing as sub standard. I'm one them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack lee
things i see in x/b

the gold tone..the arrangements of pearls..cross or dun cross nvm..
nowadays ppl see xb as..the crossings.the more crossing the better..i have seen a x/b..now abot 2.5 feet long more maybe more in the pond..when young time..ppl say say its a rtg..but now fully cross after 6 years..the gold shine is unbelieveable..
Old 18-08-2004, 03:06 PM   #74
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
now standard very high liao.. high crossing and good shine are quite common. So crossing becomes mandate. Many ppl see non crossing as sub standard. I'm one them.

crossings..i have seen x/b with 6 level crossings..if owner dun know how to keep..the crossing went to fifth level..thats y choose a x/b with scale crossings not rim crossings..
Old 18-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #75
kagemaru

Quote:
crossings..i have seen x/b with 6 level crossings..if owner dun know how to keep..the crossing went to fifth level..thats y choose a x/b with scale crossings not rim crossings..
crossing can demote one?

Old 18-08-2004, 03:18 PM   #76
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
crossing can demote one?
due to light..and envoirment..
Old 18-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #77
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Bro Vic,

You said "For me the most important factors in choosing a XB are the shine, gold tone and body shape...all other things are not important."

A cross backs to have cross to the six level. Infact this is the most important criteria. Why do you think breeders put them in white fibre tank for? You have also seen big cross backs that nevers crosses haven't you? So your pubic hair comparision is not rational lah. Some cross backs hardly crosses to sixth level. Infact, your criteria may suit a high quality Red Tail Golden from Panda and SABF.
let me get this stright. you're claiming that the above as your citeria for selecting an xback. the number 1 piority for you is the crossing. i assume we're talking about gold 6th level crossing.

Quote:
One word of advise... it is not how you like the fish to be that determines its value... it is how the buyers view it that does. No one will buy a cross backs with high price if it does not crosses fully. If it doesn't even touches the sixth level, even with nice shine and intensity, its like a rtg.
and that the price is determined by buyers (as per your advise to me). and that no one will want to buy if xb have not crossed, even with nice shine and intensity

you also attached a picture of "Ingot" showing good color development when young but the color fades off when it grows up. I must say that ingot has good color and high shine when young but outstanding gold intensity when grown. He is most likely thick framed and thus will not have much of a base color when he grows older. Things might have been diffrent if he is thin framed. Now, to me I'd rather buy this one then an xb which has crossed but pale (i.e gold intensity low).

so do i understand correctly that you're saying that we are better off selecting xb with high crossing rather then good color and gold intensity?

my views are, i'd rather choose an xback which has high gold intensity then a pale one. about the aruarama 2001 champion, i'd rather not comment as the picture quite poorly taken.
Old 18-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #78
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Bro kagemaru, he is refering to to scales not the rims.

I can only see or judge a xb in dark background, those in white tank or just trasfer from WFT really confuss me sometime.
Old 18-08-2004, 03:47 PM   #79
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
that is becose u are drunk most of the time when chossing X/b...hahaa..come..i got many rtg aka x/b for you to choose from..hahah
u got how many? I eat!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #80
fong
Dragon

1) It is a mandate requirement for a good TOP NOTCH xbacks. Must cross.
2) People will still buy low crossing xbacks but wont pay premium when wont cross. Some will say RTG and sub standard give all kind of excuses that pisses u off and offer u low price.
3) The brother of "Ingot" is available at Amazon. The owner sell back to Steven claiming disapppointment. If you like this kind of xback, go check it out at Pet Amazon. That piece now 15 inches.
4) You quote "my views are, i'd rather choose an xback which has high gold intensity then a pale one." I like that too.. who don't? That aquarama pic is blurr but photo shows the true color. Not intense gold. I got the video to show u if u are keen.
5) You quote "so do i understand correctly that you're saying that we are better off selecting xb with high crossing rather then good color and gold intensity?" I meant a TOP NOTCH cross back must cross to sixth level. This is primary consideration. When it crosses, then we talk colors and shape.

If you choose to buy a nice nice color cross back, by all means do so, but also bear in mind the crossing. Our thinking are very much different. i just dont want to see hobbylist getting a not so good deal. Hope you are not offended if I have sounded rude.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
let me get this stright. you're claiming that the above as your citeria for selecting an xback. the number 1 piority for you is the crossing. i assume we're talking about gold 6th level crossing.

and that the price is determined by buyers (as per your advise to me). and that no one will want to buy if xb have not crossed, even with nice shine and intensity

you also attached a picture of "Ingot" showing good color development when young but the color fades off when it grows up. I must say that ingot has good color and high shine when young but outstanding gold intensity when grown. He is most likely thick framed and thus will not have much of a base color when he grows older. Things might have been diffrent if he is thin framed. Now, to me I'd rather buy this one then an xb which has crossed but pale (i.e gold intensity low).

so do i understand correctly that you're saying that we are better off selecting xb with high crossing rather then good color and gold intensity?

my views are, i'd rather choose an xback which has high gold intensity then a pale one. about the aruarama 2001 champion, i'd rather not comment as the picture quite poorly taken.