Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 02-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
dinomax

Default My 4ft tank

taken on 02 Apr 06

Old 02-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
HRK

very nice. and greenish.
ur fish will love u deep depp
Old 02-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
the_r0ck

I have to say you have very good and lush growth of your plants.

However, I am a bit worried about your choice of RTL right at the front on both sides of the tank. Maybe you can consider shifting it a little to the back and have some plants in front of the RTL to allow a smoother transition. maybe Japonica or even some mosses on rocks.

Oh, are there thin branches on the right??
Old 02-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
dinomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck
I have to say you have very good and lush growth of your plants.

However, I am a bit worried about your choice of RTL right at the front on both sides of the tank. Maybe you can consider shifting it a little to the back and have some plants in front of the RTL to allow a smoother transition. maybe Japonica or even some mosses on rocks.

Oh, are there thin branches on the right??
RTL shld be planted at the back? hee, that i dunno. but then they dun really grow tall. Usually when they do, i pluck them off already.thats the height u see after i pluck them off. Shld i plant them at the back?

Yup.... they are small bamboo sticks. I tie small nets round then corner so that the java moss dun "fly around". And my cherry shrimps can hide in them.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
dinomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRK
very nice. and greenish.
ur fish will love u deep depp
sigh.... now not in spore. can't love them deep deep..... my dad is maintaining the tank now....
Old 02-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomax
RTL shld be planted at the back? hee, that i dunno. but then they dun really grow tall. Usually when they do, i pluck them off already.thats the height u see after i pluck them off. Shld i plant them at the back?

Yup.... they are small bamboo sticks. I tie small nets round then corner so that the java moss dun "fly around". And my cherry shrimps can hide in them.

Well, they need not be right at the back. You can have it in the front, but RTLs grow up to be monstors, and their natural behaviour is to aim for the water top.

But currently in your setup you have "dark spots" from your RTl and it kinda spoils the sides. You can try to make more of the foreground.