Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 14-10-2002, 01:46 AM   #11
Rx_7

Oh....hahaz thats MY fish u taken....i recognise the background and the tank lol yahz i think we are talking abt the same shop

Old 15-10-2002, 03:52 AM   #12
Alvin Koh

Administrator

Unhappy

HI Robo (Steven) / Rx_7,

I was about to jump to the same conclusion regarding the unlikelihood of such a hybrid existing, but the confirmation by the both of you is strong enough proof that is exists.

I think the large amount of doubts could possibly be due to the fact that it is sometimes difficult to pin-point who the parents of the fish are and that it may be a coincident.

It would be interesting to note the development, noticably the scale formation (does it have Asian or Pearl scale formation?,.. e.g. 5 or 7 rows).

Regards,
Alvin.
Old 15-10-2002, 07:34 AM   #13
Robo

Quote:
Originally posted by Alvin Koh
HI Robo (Steven) / Rx_7,

I was about to jump to the same conclusion regarding the unlikelihood of such a hybrid existing, but the confirmation by the both of you is strong enough proof that is exists.

I think the large amount of doubts could possibly be due to the fact that it is sometimes difficult to pin-point who the parents of the fish are and that it may be a coincident.

It would be interesting to note the development, noticably the scale formation (does it have Asian or Pearl scale formation?,.. e.g. 5 or 7 rows).

Regards,
Alvin.
Hi Alvin,

When I first heard of the spawning from the LFS owner, I was almost saying the same tune as well, I kept insisted that this crss breeding is totally impossible, but the fact is, this LFS owner have a fish farm as well, as this really did happened. So I ended up speechless. Cause it really did happen!

When I first saw the young Aro, about 5" back then, I observed that it's scales row number is somewhat 7 but unable to confirm clearly cause it is hyperactive to be seen clearly. Its head, is also shorter and much rounder than the normal Aro.

It tail, though have some strain of red colour, but its shape is very much like the Pearl.

Yes, I agrees, it will be very interesting that what it will turn out to be. And yes, it may be a coincident, but if it can happened once, there is nothing to stop it from happening again, especially for the spawning parent Aros.

When given time again, I'm not surprise that they will spawn again.

Old 15-10-2002, 10:45 AM   #14
sirius1220

it would be nice to see newer pics of this hybrid.. do try to post some..

Old 15-10-2002, 10:48 AM   #15
arored
Banned

Wonder how it will look like a S/R with pearls?
Old 15-10-2002, 11:03 PM   #16
Rx_7

hi guys....

alvin: it really did happen there is no doubt abt it

as what robo has said the fish scales row 7 with a short bullet head...and short barbels....its scales is now slight purplish in colour and the base colour is plain white the tail now is plain yellowish in colour.....what i can say that its not a eye catching aro or should i say plain but who knows?
i m also looking forward to see what it turn out to be its now 8-9inches....is it too early to tell what it will turn into ?

i will keep u guy updated ( sorrry no pics available yet )

Last edited by Rx_7; 15-10-2002 at 11:06 PM.

Old 15-10-2002, 11:09 PM   #17
charles

i mean pearl and asian are totally different species!!!!! scintifically its not possible..... but yet to see one of those!!!

Old 16-10-2002, 12:31 AM   #18
Angel-Death

can imagine arapaima x with SR ?

Old 16-10-2002, 12:36 AM   #19
jimtan75

red x pearl??
hard to believe~!! that's super rare

bro rx_7, u shd post it to the press to let the whole world knows. I'm sure the next day , someone willingly to pay a high price for yr super rare crossbred aro

Old 16-10-2002, 12:55 AM   #20
shermie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel-Death
can imagine arapaima x with SR ?
i think the adult arapaima gigas will eat up the aro before they have a chance to mate lar

nyways about the red x pearl, i was quite skeptical in the beginning, but after some thinking, it actually doesnt sound that impossible... after all so many types of fishes have come about from crossbreeding, just because this time round its an aro doesnt make it impossible

really hope to see updated pics, i'm very interested to see how it looks like when it matures