Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 06-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #1711
novjoe
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Very nice red turquoise you have there, nice shape, Colour and pattern. The abino looks bit old, keep it for long time?
Thanks bro.

The Albino I bought from someone else so I'm not sure of its age. It is about 3.5" body height. Probably, it did not eat enough as the red map is too greedy which I just shifted to my 40 gallon comm tank. Hope that it will be able to eat more now.
novjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #1712
Ozone

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecheng View Post
search ebay for gravity fed solenoid. dont buy wrong else later water dont flow because of min psi requirement. I wasted some money on water irrigation system.
I see, so I am a noob to all the gadgets,.. So what's a recommended PSI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Bro, ask Eddie make the system for you than overseas also can have no worries on discus water change. Can go more holidays.
Lol... Good idea... But just want to try try first.... Giving up discus soon....
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #1713
R&B
Arofanatic

Sharing my natural paring. Tough not the ideal pairing, but at least get to confirm male or female.☺
R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:49 PM   #1714
Nomis
Dragon

Default Sharing my unexpected Joy ..

My 1 week old experience into Discus.

Was doing my usual water change to my recent new acquisition this morning and was about to leave that a friend called upon me telling me that my discus has spawned.

Not knowing that they spawned just less than a week from purchase as the eggs are almost same colour as the orange tile, I really "sotong" and couldn't see them. I actually did a 70% water change earlier. Wonder what will happen to the eggs as they were expose to air awhile when water level went down.

Nevertheless, it still an enjoyable encounter and jovial one..

Pic of the pair attached below .

Close up on egg

Simon
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #1715
Jonathan_ee
Dragon

Congrats bro! if its a young pair, probably will have to try a few times before having successful fries. Mine try 6 times, still trying hard :P Can add methylene blue, to prevent fungus from growing around the eggs. And some place wire mesh over eggs, to prevent perents from eating the eggs. Just my 2cents
Jonathan_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:24 AM   #1716
eddiecheng
Dragon

nice snakeskin pair . i have a snakeskin pair today give me surprise happen got few albino pairs all laid eggs same time hehe. this snakeskin pair is going to be a very tiring parents.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
eddiecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:26 AM   #1717
eddiecheng
Dragon

oops
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
eddiecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #1718
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post

Was doing my usual water change to my recent new acquisition this morning and was about to leave that a friend called upon me telling me that my discus has spawned.

Not knowing that they spawned just less than a week from purchase as the eggs are almost same colour as the orange tile, I really "sotong" and couldn't see them. I actually did a 70% water change earlier. Wonder what will happen to the eggs as they were expose to air awhile when water level went down.

Close up on egg

Simon
Hope this will kick start your hobby faster. lol
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #1719
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post

Close up on egg

Simon
nice snakeskin pair
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:48 AM   #1720
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&B View Post
Sharing my natural paring. Tough not the ideal pairing, but at least get to confirm male or female.☺
female behind? the hatching rate looks good
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote