Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 14-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #11
denser
Dragon

i feeding less so can WC once a week, used to 3 times
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #12
DragonFireSG
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermie View Post
tbh it's not that bad as it sounds... for now at least.

i change tons of water n monthly bill is around $100 give or take. so increase $30 a month. think the average hobbyist won't even see a 10-20$ increase.
Heh finally I meet someone who has the same water bill as me.

Brainstorming how to reduce the water use of my system. Will probably involve dropping the level of my pond by a few inches to keep the waste drain of my automated cleaning system above water level. Need to lower my no-niche skimmer, which is a bit of a headache
DragonFireSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #13
AroHong

AFC Member

Now electricity price increase!
Must reduce tanks/tubs or switch to air pump and sponge filters!
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:39 AM   #14
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroHong View Post
Now electricity price increase!
Must reduce tanks/tubs or switch to air pump and sponge filters!
Use lousy filter is worse, the fish suffer and die.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:06 PM   #15
shermie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
The 30% increase got any hidden compounded formula? Got one minister of state called malik said it is only about $0.60 for 1000L after the increase.
i nvr actually monitor the bills after the hike.. just doing basic math of direct +30% based on my normal pre-hike water bills. i'll monitor for the next few months to see whats the actual diff lol.
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #16
shermie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireSG View Post
Heh finally I meet someone who has the same water bill as me.

Brainstorming how to reduce the water use of my system. Will probably involve dropping the level of my pond by a few inches to keep the waste drain of my automated cleaning system above water level. Need to lower my no-niche skimmer, which is a bit of a headache
honestly... i think if we're already paying that much for water for so long... the increase in $$ shouldnt be a cause for much headache. not to say an additional +/- $30 monthly makes me happy, but if one factors in the cost of fish one keeps to hit that kind of water bill... plus the cost of electricity, food, other maintenance etcetc... i'm not gonna lose sleep or compromise water quality over reducing the water $$ of that magnitude.

on a side note... the increase in cig prices is the killer......... and that's something that i should reduce......
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #17
rolex
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermie View Post
honestly... i think if we're already paying that much for water for so long... the increase in $$ shouldnt be a cause for much headache. not to say an additional +/- $30 monthly makes me happy, but if one factors in the cost of fish one keeps to hit that kind of water bill... plus the cost of electricity, food, other maintenance etcetc... i'm not gonna lose sleep or compromise water quality over reducing the water $$ of that magnitude.

on a side note... the increase in cig prices is the killer......... and that's something that i should reduce......
Time to quit smoke la. I quitted when they started to sell 20 sticks instead of 10 that was how many moons ago. My total bill as at now is $130. Water alone around. $18. Only 3 persons in my house. Oc and son. 6x2.5x2.5 tank. One red only. Change water 15% twice weekly. But Oc still not happy of the water bill. Can suggest anything to reduce bill?

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #18
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex View Post
Time to quit smoke la. I quitted when they started to sell 20 sticks instead of 10 that was how many moons ago. My total bill as at now is $130. Water alone around. $18. Only 3 persons in my house. Oc and son. 6x2.5x2.5 tank. One red only. Change water 15% twice weekly. But Oc still not happy of the water bill. Can suggest anything to reduce bill?

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
bro, honest your bill is alright.

For a household of 3 paxs, you are doing fine.

My own sister was also "screaming" her head off when her husband literally turned part of the extended area on the mansion enter into a mini zoo, full tanks, plants and birds.

That's his only vice, oops! Hobby.

Honest, I advised my sister that what does she prefer:

A man who steal eats, eats everywhere or a hubby who comes home on time daily attending to the zoo

Well, they are still married some 40 odd years now.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 12:25 AM   #19
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
bro, honest your bill is alright.

For a household of 3 paxs, you are doing fine.

My own sister was also "screaming" her head off when her husband literally turned part of the extended area on the mansion enter into a mini zoo, full tanks, plants and birds.

That's his only vice, oops! Hobby.

Honest, I advised my sister that what does she prefer:

A man who steal eats, eats everywhere or a hubby who comes home on time daily attending to the zoo

Well, they are still married some 40 odd years now.
Most important as long as the hubby give her enough of the right "attention". if gong gong just play fishes and birds, she sure angry.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 01:36 PM   #20
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium View Post
Most important as long as the hubby give her enough of the right "attention". if gong gong just play fishes and birds, she sure angry.
bingo
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote