Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #61
bennyliv
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagy382 View Post
Thats the communication between aquatic animals which we will never understand..maybe they sign a peace treaty ? lol

Last time my pui pui fahaka also lived peacefully with a few ghost shrimps for a period of time before i got sick of the shrimps inside and removed them myself. This kinda worried me actually because my fahaka used to love ghost shrimps so much that he can easily eat a bag of them..so when he started to 'leave them alone' I got concerned..he was also ignoring the clams and mussels. Only one thing got him excited was crayfish so i bo bian had to start a regime of crayfish meals. I was also neglecting him.

After like 4-5 days of consecutive crayfish den my fahaka seemed more 'energetic' again and also started eating the shrimps again. Bad part was that after that, the fahaka has worms coming out from hes anus probably due to the parasites in the crayfishes. So i had to deworm the fat guy and revert back to clams.

ZZ Thats y the fahaka is a very emotional fish..neglect abit abit den he will throw tantrums & backside face you
Hi shagy, thanks for sharing your experience! Its interesting and fun, anyway do you still keep puffers?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #62
blondmyth
Dragon

any more congo puffer lovers around? might want to let go my 4 inch giant
Old 07-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #63
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmyth View Post
keeep mbu more fun.... like fahaka... but more peaceful.... always swim here and there
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #64
bennyliv
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
keeep mbu more fun.... like fahaka... but more peaceful.... always swim here and there
Problem with mbu is really the tank size. They are huge...haha. For now can only keep it in my wishlist. haha.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #65
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyliv View Post
Problem with mbu is really the tank size. They are huge...haha. For now can only keep it in my wishlist. haha.
Yeaman mbu are HUGE! hahaha same here, can only keep it in my dreams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmyth View Post
Whoa bro what happened? So fast give up already? Or is it cos u found a super red Congo? Hehehe
Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #66
shagy382

Can post a photo of your 4 inch giant bro? thats the problem with congo la..cannot keep any tankmates .

Nope im not keeping any puffers at the moment. In fact, already gave up on my fish hobby. But when the new shipment of fahakas come in next year, i might be tempted again lol would be nice to raise one from young to big.

Still cant trace e guy i sold my big one to. Probably died thats why he didnt reply my mails

Last edited by shagy382; 07-12-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #67
bennyliv
Dragon

Quote:
Can post a photo of your 4 inch giant bro? thats the problem with congo la..cannot keep any tankmates .

Nope im not keeping any puffers at the moment. In fact, already gave up on my fish hobby. But when the new shipment of fahakas come in next year, i might be tempted again lol would be nice to raise one from young to big.

Still cant trace e guy i sold my big one to. Probably died thats why he didnt reply my mails
Oh icic, if its dead that will be a sad day.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #68
blondmyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
Yeaman mbu are HUGE! hahaha same here, can only keep it in my dreams..

Whoa bro what happened? So fast give up already? Or is it cos u found a super red Congo? Hehehe
im looking for super red. haha. so will give up this orange/light brown for now.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #69
blondmyth
Dragon

Quote:

yeah im gonna post a photo soon. but whenever i turn on the tank lights, this congo will turn moody and his colour will turn dark. dono how to take proper photo like that.

and why so serious stop fishkeeping totally?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #70
blondmyth
Dragon

Default photos

best that i could come up with without any tank lights on.

Closed Thread