Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 30-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Welcome back, bro! Good to have you back... But it's my turn to take a break. Lol. Finally moved into my new place, busy with unpacking stuff. Will be setting up an aro/ray tank, so i may be off the grid for awhile. Most of my plants and fauna didn't survive the moving. All but 1 each of my black phantom tetras and guppy fries that i reared from babies until adulthood are gone. My riccia tree dried out coz i was too busy and forgot entirely that it was in a plastic bag. Nearly broke something in frustration, but then again, it's a new house. anyways, glad that you're back.
Congrats on your new place bro! I'm sorry to hear that the move was not as smooth as you wanted it to be. But even for me, I rarely set up a tank without any problems. Lol.

I'm looking forward to your aro/ray tank, do a journal also so that we can follow your progress.. But don't be like me, haha.. Disappear for so long.
Old 31-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #42
JadeIceGreen

The current scape is really not for me. I am starting to really dislike those tall Java Fern at the back because they have grown ugly.

I am thinking of either continuing to place this entire set for sale or to rescape into a wood and rock aquascape without any plants. Any suggestions?
Old 31-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #43
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
The current scape is really not for me. I am starting to really dislike those tall Java Fern at the back because they have grown ugly.

I am thinking of either continuing to place this entire set for sale or to rescape into a wood and rock aquascape without any plants. Any suggestions?
I say go for hardscape!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
ahhKiatz
Dragon

Quote:

Wood and rock! So I can pick up some skills as well
ahhKiatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #45
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhKiatz View Post
Hardscape! I personally would love to setup a hardscape with wood and rocks and a neon tetra school! Call it "The Barren Lands"!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #46
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
I say go for hardscape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhKiatz View Post
Quote:
Hardscape! I personally would love to setup a hardscape with wood and rocks and a neon tetra school! Call it "The Barren Lands"!
Wow, looks like everyone wants me to rescape.

Bro Jon-san, did you pick my brain? I was really thinking about that this afternoon. But, I have to cater the scape to my Corydoras, so I may not be able to have any tetras. I am thinking of a 'river bank' kind of scape.
Old 31-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #47
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:

Bro Jon-san, did you pick my brain? I was really thinking about that this afternoon. But, I have to cater the scape to my Corydoras, so I may not be able to have any tetras. I am thinking of a 'river bank' kind of scape.
Sounds exciting JIG! Can't wait
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #48
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:

I quite like the first pic in this link.

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=ha...iw=768&bih=928

Looks like some sort of post-apocalypse riverbank or after some volcanic eruption. Good stuff!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #49
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Google "aquarium hardscapes" and view the images tab. Quite a lot of inspiration there. Makes me sooo tempted to try it with my 1.5ft now that it's all but resetted.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #50
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Sounds exciting JIG! Can't wait
Yeah! It's weird that when I was so ready to sell the tank, I am now excited for a rescape instead. All my Corydoras are healthy, but the scape is just not doing it for me.

Quote:
I quite like the first pic in this link.

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=ha...iw=768&bih=928

Looks like some sort of post-apocalypse riverbank or after some volcanic eruption. Good stuff!
Ooh. That is creative and interesting. But it's too dark and mountain like for me.

Quote:
Google "aquarium hardscapes" and view the images tab. Quite a lot of inspiration there. Makes me sooo tempted to try it with my 1.5ft now that it's all but resetted.
Just do it Bro! Hardscape only, half the difficulty.