Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 06-11-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
BettaCJunior
Arofanatic

Default My Angels BRED!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Didnt even realise it until I saw one of the males(Which actually seems like its the female) not going for the food during feeding.

Surprisingly, its one of the comm tanks with 7 other angels and 4 plecos! And the most neglected tank haha.

And of all places, they choose the pvc pipe, so high somemore, now i have problem WC.

Male is a peruvian and female is a blue angel. Wonder what the fry will look like, if they even hatch at all.

But what the heck HAHAHAHAHA

Female blue angel on top, male peruvian at btm.
BettaCJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
BettaCJunior
Arofanatic

I noe here got a lot of experienced breeders and lao jiao, but this is my first time having an angel brood, so quite excited especially when i didnt expect it, so pls excuse my enthusiasm hahaha
Old 06-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
Brichardi
Dragon

Congrats! But the possibility of succeeding is very very slim imo as..... 1. u have an internal pump right below, 2. u have plecos in the tank, 3. etc. Leave them be, the eggs will disappear in 24~48 hrs. However, your only consolation, which is important is that you have a confirm pair there. So if you really intend to breed this pair, best to put them in a tank of their own....small 1.5/2ft tank will do....sponge filtration, breeding cone preferably, clean water. The pair will lay eggs every 2 weeks given the right conditions. Cheers.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
BettaCJunior
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Congrats! But the possibility of succeeding is very very slim imo as..... 1. u have an internal pump right below, 2. u have plecos in the tank, 3. etc. Leave them be, the eggs will disappear in 24~48 hrs. However, your only consolation, which is important is that you have a confirm pair there. So if you really intend to breed this pair, best to put them in a tank of their own....small 1.5/2ft tank will do....sponge filtration, breeding cone preferably, clean water. The pair will lay eggs every 2 weeks given the right conditions. Cheers.
Succeeding as in raising the fry, having fry that survive, or even just the hatching process?

Would my pump affect the eggs? Its just a pump that pumps water up into the OHF via the plastic tube that the eggs are on.
My plecos are some some leporas and pseudas, dun think they will disturb the eggs. Maybe the small bristlenoses will, should i remove them?

Thanks for sharing ur experience and advice
Old 07-11-2015, 12:49 AM   #5
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

The fry may get sucked into the pump after hatching.
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #6
BettaCJunior
Arofanatic

Think I'm going to let natural selection take place Would not have space for so much fries anyways, and wouldn't wanna cull them myself.

Will i have to use boon or BBS to feed the fries? Or can i just use small NLS pellets and let another round of natural selection take place? Do not have the time to hatch and feed BBS/buy boon for this period of time.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #7
BettaCJunior
Arofanatic

Btw will i be able to change the angels' partners or will they only mate with the same partner from the first spawn?
Old 07-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

Congrats! ! If you wanna keep the babies, wat u can do is remove the pipe, and put in another container with air stone bubble for artifical hatching. . .2 days later they should hatch then feed babies with bbs
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #9
nitingdedao
Dragon

Nice fish bro!
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #10
BettaCJunior
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingdedao View Post
Nice fish bro!
Thanks for your kind comments, hope some of the fries can survive with my minimal experience with angel breeding. Very curious about how they'll look like.