Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #101
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumraisin View Post
hey bro, thnx for your confidence! just fried rice or a dead aro, nothing in between??? well then i prefer the fried rice & i want it with abalone in it!

short note: IF & when u use this method, please make sure u do it in a BARE TANK. no corner filter/overflow; no driftwood; no rocks, etc. and dont forget to be GENTLE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene View Post
i have some questions here...
1. base on your experience, how long it will take for the gill curl to cure by using this massage method?
2. u said above, perform this in a bare tank without anything inside even the filter. so let say this will take 1 week, then does it means we have to leave the aro in a bare tank without any filteration for 1 week? is it safe??
or is it only a one time massage session only to cure the gill curl??

Old 22-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #102
rumraisin

Quote:
i have some questions here...
1. base on your experience, how long it will take for the gill curl to cure by using this massage method?
2. u said above, perform this in a bare tank without anything inside even the filter. so let say this will take 1 week, then does it means we have to leave the aro in a bare tank without any filteration for 1 week? is it safe??
okay...

1. it really depends on the size of aro & condition of the GC... on the 9" with GC still in the earlier stage, the curled membrane got frail & flattened almost immediately after OP. the first couple of days really looked its worse but thereafter healing could be seen every day. about 3-4 days after OP, new tissue growth were noticed and about 3 weeks fish gills looked almost normal.

the 18" aro took a little longer and that's probably becoz the soft membrane had gone hard already with partial damage extended to the edge of hard plate already. nonetheless, after about a couple of months the reconstructed soft membrane were flapping normally with only a slight bulge noticed on close up located at the edge of hard plate. this aro was sold later without any trace of GC history noticed.

2. you prepare the bare tank for only the duration of the massage therapy. and that's so when the aro makes turns around tank during chasing, it won't hurt inself hitting any sharp objects. after the therapy, you place everything back to normal. and i would add a pwrhead inside and increase aeration for faster healing.

hope this helps!

Old 22-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #103
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
haha i tis beg to differ bro , some aro are veri ezly spooked and jumpy.. now if tis is one of the req. in order to use the method u have provided . . owners gotta knw ur fish if its suitable to do so
yes, i would think that the owner is the best person to do the OP since owners know best about their fish. but with care & diligence from the person operating, i believe the aro "qualified" for the OP would not be in too much danger.

Old 22-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #104
Dene

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumraisin View Post
okay...

1. it really depends on the size of aro & condition of the GC... on the 9" with GC still in the earlier stage, the curled membrane got frail & flattened almost immediately after OP. the first couple of days really looked its worse but thereafter healing could be seen every day. about 3-4 days after OP, new tissue growth were noticed and about 3 weeks fish gills looked almost normal.

the 18" aro took a little longer and that's probably becoz the soft membrane had gone hard already with partial damage extended to the edge of hard plate already. nonetheless, after about a couple of months the reconstructed soft membrane were flapping normally with only a slight bulge noticed on close up located at the edge of hard plate. this aro was sold later without any trace of GC history noticed.

2. you prepare the bare tank for only the duration of the massage therapy. and that's so when the aro makes turns around tank during chasing, it won't hurt inself hitting any sharp objects. after the therapy, you place everything back to normal. and i would add a pwrhead inside and increase aeration for faster healing.

hope this helps!
ok.. ok.. fully understand now...
thanks bro...

Old 23-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #105
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by el993 View Post
Hope to see more "I've got the solution to ...." in future
Thanks for sharing, it is really interesting and brain storming discussion.
cheers.
my feelings are still ambivalent about whether or not i should have posted this thread. but seeing bros like u who appreciates... everything just got better! THANKS!

i think ppl like to share what they passionately believe in, so maybe not this exact version of "I've got the solution to...." but it will live on...

Old 23-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #106
rumraisin

Quote:
ok.. ok.. fully understand now...
thanks bro...
you're most welcome, bro!

Old 23-07-2007, 01:34 AM   #107
chow656
Dragon

Bro,very intreasting meathod to cure gill curl,pesonally wound not like to use chemicals to make aro zzz too..but was wondering,how long u chase the 18inch aro b4 he start to tired,or u tired first ??
Old 23-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #108
tagore

sorry to digress, which part of PRC are you in bro rumraisin?

Old 24-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #109
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chow656 View Post
Bro,very intreasting meathod to cure gill curl,pesonally wound not like to use chemicals to make aro zzz too..but was wondering,how long u chase the 18inch aro b4 he start to tired,or u tired first ??
couldn't really remember the exact length of time it took, and i didn't get tired first becoz i made sure i got in a comfortable position before i began... but i do recall it took much shorter time than i thought. all in all i say it's less than 3 minutes!

Old 24-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #110
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
sorry to digress, which part of PRC are you in bro rumraisin?
greetings bro tagore, most of the time i'm right across the sea from you in zhuhai, and other times i'm in beijing or tianjin. so how do u like shen zhen?