Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 19-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #21
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
Gosanke #1 - Sanke...
+ve point : The beni is thick and even. Very soft looking shiroji. I like the beni cap at the shoulder/head.
-ve point : Still very small, concern on growth rate. Sumi look messy now, need to wait for consolidation.

Gosanke #2 - Showa...
+ve point : Very good body, with good body height. Thick beni with sharp kiwa and very white Shiroji. Sumi quality is good also. Personally like the patttern, altho the sumi look a bit heavy now.
-ve point : only if it turn out male.

Bro, what is the difference between very soft shiroji and very white shiroji? Both are +ve points, which one should we go for if choosing i.)quality fish and ii.)female fish?
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #22
peter porker

PY...when you went into Koi? TVR how? Give up already?
Old 19-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
PY...when you went into Koi? TVR how? Give up already?
I went into koi for a month only lah. My fish room is now nursery room. Since can only keep fish at farm with my wife blessing, try to keep something that can last longer. TVR, SVR and other goldfish seems to have shorter "shelf life" as compared to koi. Beside, my wife likes koi better than goldfish.

TVR still have but not increasing my collection. Whatever I have left, may shift to the koi farm if possible. Consolidate everything in one place is easier for me too.

U interested in koi or not? Dun say I try to poison you hor.
Old 19-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #24
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh View Post
I went into koi for a month only lah. My fish room is now nursery room. Since can only keep fish at farm with my wife blessing, try to keep something that can last longer. TVR, SVR and other goldfish seems to have shorter "shelf life" as compared to koi. Beside, my wife likes koi better than goldfish.

TVR still have but not increasing my collection. Whatever I have left, may shift to the koi farm if possible. Consolidate everything in one place is easier for me too.

U interested in koi or not? Dun say I try to poison you hor.
PY Jnr is out? Not yet right?

Anyway, all the best once Junior arrives. You will find that you don't have time for anything else.
Old 19-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #25
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
PY Jnr is out? Not yet right?

Anyway, all the best once Junior arrives. You will find that you don't have time for anything else.
Not yet but soon. You are right, that's why keep my kois in the farm. Beside the boss of the farm, still got two good friends who can help in looking after them when I'm busy with my baby boy.
Old 20-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #26
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Bro, what is the difference between very soft shiroji and very white shiroji? Both are +ve points, which one should we go for if choosing i.)quality fish and ii.)female fish?
Wah...this question very chim...need some other experience keeper to explain....I just tikam tikam on this...
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #27
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Gosanke #3 - Pykoh Sanke (18cm)

Gosanke #4 - Pykoh Sanke (20cm)
Reason why I choose these two Sankes.

Gosanke #3
+ve point : Thick and even beni. Sumi is black and well defined. Body shape is stout and strong and have good body height.
-ve point : If this turn out to be male.

Gosanke #4
+ve point: Thick and even beni. Sumi is black and well defined. Body shape is long and slim.
-ve point: If this turn out to be male. A small patch on sumi on the head near where the shoulder is.

I'm comparing for these two body shape, which one will grow bigger (Jumbo or close to Jumbo) given the same conditions (ie food, water and etc). Both pieces have good points which I like and if Gosanke #4 underlying sumi at the shoulder (where the two black dots are right now) surfaced and consolidate, I would think this piece in term of colour and pattern would be better than Gosanke #3.

The above is my novice thinking/opinions. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone else would like to comments?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #28
RBT

Like py sanke 3 n 4...must resist!!!!!!!!!!
Old 20-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #29
nutx
Dragon

Let me share my view on the Gosanke 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

Gosanke #3 - Pykoh Sanke (18cm)
The head look short, proportionally. But this could be due to the high body height and the long top fin (what is that fin called?). Strong body with more sumi marking coming up. Very nice pattern of 3 colours near the tail.

Gosanke #4 - Pykoh Sanke (20cm)
Long body and white shiroji. Body sumi pattern are nice, waiting for sumi development on the Shoulder to determine overall pattern. Last Beni batch look weak from the photo. (hope it is due to camera angle)

Gosanke #5 - Participant #3 Kohaku (12cm)
This is a simple 2 steps. the beni is thick and the shiroji is soft...

Gosanke #6 - Participant #3 Sanke (18cm)
Nice unique and balance pattern. The sumi marking is alternate also! and there are a few spot of good quality sumi (which is not shown on the photo.)
male/female attributes are mixed signal at this point!

Gosanke #7 - Participant #3 Showa (21cm)
Good body with good quality sumi spot at mouth....give hint on potential future sumi quality development. beni is thick also.

Last edited by nutx; 20-01-2009 at 07:23 PM.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #30
FlowerHFanatic
Senior Dragon

can i know why is it a negative point if they turn out to be males?
FlowerHFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote