Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss

Old 14-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
albert291
Arofanatic

I see your filter with much interest. Dont get to see this kind of filter system everyday. i am concern over yor water quality as your filter looks small and cant hold much media.
albert291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
TwistedPair

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert291 View Post
I see your filter with much interest. Dont get to see this kind of filter system everyday. i am concern over yor water quality as your filter looks small and cant hold much media.
hahaha yes bro! it has almost been two years now! sorry was in army! not so active on arofanatic! anyway has changed tank to a 5 feet tank already because aro grew too big! haha..

anyway water quality over the time was good. not much issue with the filter. now this tank becoming planted tank liao..

in any case my arowana DINT develop DE so mods can help to close this thread le thanks!
Old 29-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
Ruii
User Under Moderation

wait don't close! my sliver when i bought it.. dun have much drop eye but now its really looking like its really angry/weird look while facing me face to face.. but why does drop why appear on sliver so easily.
sorry for the lousy pics but this is the
sliver im talking about . is it serious?

and is this counts as a drop eye? is it gonna drop more?

Ruii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair View Post
hi guys!

i bought a RTG abt a month back. he is probably 6 inches long now.

i feel like my arowana is starting to develop the drop eye syndrome.

the most serious case was today when i left for work and in an attempt to save electricity. i turned off all the tank lights. so the tank was in complete darkness.

in my comm. i have the rtg (6 inches). two silver sharks and two silver dollars. when i came home from work to check on them. the first thing i realised was rtg's eyes was super droppy. like "sleepy eyes" super jia lat kind.

but after the lights turned on. in about one minute his eyes were back to normal. but i still feel its slightly droppy as compared to before. (might be paranoia but still!!)

can anybody explain why this happened? and if my arowana is really developing a drop eye syndrome what should i do to prevent it from occuring?

its quite worrying ah. any advice will be very much appreciated!

nothing wrong it's normal.

i put you in a dark room for 8hrs then i blast 12noon sunlight. and you have no eyelids. naturally you will look down right??
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #15
TwistedPair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
nothing wrong it's normal.

i put you in a dark room for 8hrs then i blast 12noon sunlight. and you have no eyelids. naturally you will look down right??
hi brother wind feng!! no problems w my aro already!! she has grown into a mighty hot mama now! no drop eye or anything! maybe i need to get her a mate haha.
Old 31-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
xzied
Dragon

I posted the same question a couple of years ago here, it's normal. It's like when u just woke up from the dark and suddenly some 1 switch on the lights, chances are u'll close ur eyes right, problem with aro is they do not have eyelid, hence the temporary dropping eyes pattern

Anyway you may want to try adding gravel to prevent reflection so that your aro won't look down at it's own reflection, I had an rtg with gravel for 7-8 years and had no droop eyes prob with that aro
xzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #17
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

interesting topic. so aro eyes tend to "look down" when we suddenly switch on the lights. how about when we switch off? will this be adverse to their eyes in the long run?
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote