Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 26-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Feverence.

Default help in wtf

Just bought 1pair yesterday. Threw cricket in but my frog seems to hack care it. I'm worry they will starve to death. ):
Old 26-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
lucas_1957
Dragon

Chillax... let them acclimatise to their surroundings first. when they feel comfortable they will start eating. These frogs can survive a few weeks without eating. If your tank is large enough and is well furnished with plants, wood and climbing places they will also feel more comfortable.
lucas_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Feverence.

Thanks bro. Just worry! Love them so much. I realise they only active at night or dark time. Iter than that they are sleeping.
Old 27-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
lucas_1957
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feverence. View Post
Thanks bro. Just worry! Love them so much. I realise they only active at night or dark time. Iter than that they are sleeping.
Yup, they are nocturnal. By the way i find their appetite is better at night, so maybe you can try feeding them at night instead.
Old 27-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Feverence.

I place the cricket Infront of them. But they don't even bother. So I just had few in hopefully they will eat.
Old 27-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
lucas_1957
Dragon

Maybe you can give some details of your setup and the behaviour of your frogs. Are they constantly walking round the tank trying to escape?
Old 28-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Feverence.

No. They just find a place and sleep not moving. Unless there's no light in my room they will move and stay on the tank. That's all. ): still not eating. They don't seem very active to me.
Old 28-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
dzylim
Arofanatic

they are still acclimatising to the environment. remember to provide them with fresh clean dechlorinated water for them to soak in. some pic may help
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Feverence.

Thank all the bros here. I wanted to post. But I don't think s3 can post.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
dkk08
Arofanatic

Try putting them in another clean and bare tank with just perhaps a few branches and a small container of water and... then try feeding them there... if they don't react to the cricket in front of them, try throwing in 1-2 live crickets and monitor them... if they don't eat them in 20-30 mins, take out the crickets and try again few hours later... keep doing this until they show some interest...

When your frogs starts to hand feed or simply feed on the crickets/mealworms you give them, you can perhaps try to feed them other alternative food source like Frozen Turkistan roaches and Frozen Dubia roaches which are cleaner, healthier, no noise, best of all cheaper, meatier and can last longer then your average mealworms and crickets... you can go and google on Turkistan and Dubia Roaches for more info...
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote