Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 09-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #41
Ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyopong
wow...my saliva come out when i see those controller pics...

1 more group buy lehhh....heheh
u missed the 2nd bulk order ? check out the marine bargin corner
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 AM   #42
uyopong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
u missed the 2nd bulk order ? check out the marine bargin corner
too bad..bro bonjour dont take last minute order...
hopefully theres another round soon,,,,...
Old 09-08-2005, 02:17 AM   #43
uyopong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Dear all , just a note , have been advised best to soak the probe in distilled water overnight prior to using it for best result , to those who haven't open their probe yet one..
i concur with bonjour2...especially glass probes...need to soak overnite with DI/distilled water...then verify readings with standard.This instruction is available on most germans made probe that i've handle in water desalination/polishing plant.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #44
sherman

Reading still not stablise yet.This morning is reading 280.

Regards
Old 09-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #45
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
Reading still not stablise yet.This morning is reading 280.

Regards
Hi sherman, a reading of 280 does not necessary indicate a not yet stabilized reading, in fact the definition of stabilization of probe means that the value do not flutuate up or down w/t a short time , like what u experienced when u first dip the probe in the water.

There is no one standard reading that can serve as a guideline for this unit. Different tanks of different water parameters will display diff readings, depending on many factors;

1) tank ph value flutuation throughout the day.
2) Feeding
3) Inorganic matters
4) Carbonate Hardness level ( don believe try dosing KH or kalkwasser, yr reading will drop tremendously)

IMHO , as long as your reading remains at a value after some time w/t any drastic changes up or down w/t a short time frame, more or less the probe is stabilized.
Some reefers have compared the readings between different brands of probes of controller, but my advice is to take the comparison as a rough guide, since we tend to give more credit towards a European/American brand and be bias against a China product, which result in such comparison been unfair.What makes you so absolute sure that the US/Europe brands are highly accurate and what is yr basis for making this statement? Simply because of brand name?R u aware that alot of pdts sold in US/Europe mkt are OEMS from China? For your info , this unit is sold in MarineDepot as highly accurate.

There are two mtds of testing the accuracy of ORP electrodes currently.
Mtd one involve the mixing of PH 4 and 7 buffers with Quinhydrone , but I doubt u can get hold of it as Quinhydrone is a controlled chemical in Spore I believe. Mtd 2 is to get ready solution in mkt that can test the probes, I will try to get hold of this to check the accuracy of the probes and other foreign brands. Only then can we come out with a unbiased report or comparison.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:06 PM   #46
tineng

mine swings between 305 to 330 for the last 2 days....so is that consisder stable already????
Old 09-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #47
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tineng
mine swings between 305 to 330 for the last 2 days....so is that consisder stable already????
It looks okay to me yr reading, alot of things can happen to water parameters within 24 hrs. What I meant by unstable flutuation is that at one moment , probe register 2xx+ , at another instant go down to 1xx+ , then again to 2xx+ and even 3xx+ , all happening w/t a short time. Yr initial stated reading was 320 , wch falls w/t the range 305 - 330mV .
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 PM   #48
sherman

Thank You Bro Bonjour2.
I think at different time of the day the reading can vary.
So far reading is taken at least 3 to 4 hours apart.
If for short period of time, I will say it is very stable.

Regards
Old 09-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #49
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
Thank You Bro Bonjour2.
I think at different time of the day the reading can vary.
So far reading is taken at least 3 to 4 hours apart.
If for short period of time, I will say it is very stable.

Regards
definately, cos at different time of the day, the PH flutuates , and + feeding? Light activites , all causes flutuations in the chemistry of water ....
Old 09-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #50
sherman

The reading is 367 since 1400 this afternoon.
Now is 1600 liao.
So u see dufferent a lot from morning reading but remind very stable
for the last 2 hours.

Regards