Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 25-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
SilverStallion
Dragon

Default How to Spawn?

This thread is to replace the old link in FAQ. but i can't seems to find a good one.

So maybe the brothers here can Tell us how u spawn them. Thanks!
SilverStallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Saddle

i take styrofoam box...fill with water....let it age for 2 days....add a Pepsi Big Bottle with the upper body cut off...add some age water inside...put female inside the pepsi bottle and then male in the styrofoam box...then 1 day later..see vertical strips? RELEASE!
Old 26-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #3
Kudu

First posting in this section
anyway.... i also wanna know how you guys breed.
Last time ( 10 yrs ago)... saw my uncles they all breed betas by putting a male and a female in seperate bottles.
put bottles side by side for days till can see the female's belly swell up. Means got eggs liao.
then put into tank slowly and cover up...
...U can fries
Old 26-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
Weilong

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudu
First posting in this section
anyway.... i also wanna know how you guys breed.
Last time ( 10 yrs ago)... saw my uncles they all breed betas by putting a male and a female in seperate bottles.
put bottles side by side for days till can see the female's belly swell up. Means got eggs liao.
then put into tank slowly and cover up...
...U can fries
Wah.. u talk like very easy sia.. Can buy big belly female from LFS wat... No need to wait to swollen wat... Haha..
Old 26-06-2003, 05:53 PM   #5
Kudu

Quote:
Originally posted by Weilong
Wah.. u talk like very easy sia.. Can buy big belly female from LFS wat... No need to wait to swollen wat... Haha..
ya lah ... but its selective breeding mah ... u think last time my uncle breed for fun meh...
those are used to fight for gambling lah ..like a few thousands dollars bet per fight leh... one time fight liao. Same beta cannot use to fight anymore.
need good strong and aggressive breed mah.
So he select good males.. ie like ppl say .. champ male , and good females lah...
BTW, not talk easy. its not tat difficult to breed betas for fun .. but difficult to breed for fin shape and colours.
Old 26-06-2003, 07:37 PM   #6
zhuangsw

ermm... back to the topic?

yah, i will condition both the male and female for about a week 1st, by pumbing them frozen blood worms... till the male healthy and fit, the female full of eggs.

then i put the male in a plastic guppy brand around 1 feet, if not smaller abit tank. fill with aged water, put in some water plants(i always use money plant), and cut a plastic cup in half, and stick it in a corner.

then put the female beside the tank in a smaller container, let the male and female see each other for at least a day or two. in the mean time, the male will blow a bubble nest either under the plastic cup, or the leaves. while the female will show vertical stripes on its body, showing that its ready.

after a day or two, when the bubble nest in big, i will add the female in between evening and night time, i believe that it will help reduce the damage done to the female, as its dark at night...

2 days later, they should have already mated. remove the female and let the male take care of the eggs...

if by the 2nd or 3rd day after releasing the female into the spawning tank, and they did not spawn. remove the female and either, condition the pair again or try a new pair. (coz, sometimes either 1 of the fishes isnt ready to breed.)

thats about it... anything else that i left out?
(dnt need all the candlelight dinner, classical music playing in the background and stuff hor)... haha
zhuangsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2003, 07:44 PM   #7
Saddle

tat means u spend at least a week to condition them? i very kan chiong de..cannot wait so like me hor.. i pump them good food almost everyday=.= either bw or bbs or daphnia frozen de..then i choose the pair i wanna breed, male put in box, female in a transparent box within the box oso so they can pei yang qing xu.. then feed thrice a day with different diet and when i see they're ready, bubble nest and big belly, i juz release and next morning check if they spawn anot..if not another morning see again lor...if not i juz take them out le..abit loh so huh? lOl
Old 27-06-2003, 04:21 AM   #8
_DNOMSED_

this might help u...
http://www.pacificbetta.freeservers....ding_betta.htm
Old 22-10-2003, 10:58 AM   #9
tehsusu

Hi, i've just purchased a male and female betta. The female is already filled with eggs upon purchase.

20th oct evening - Purchased and kept in one container that allows them to see each other but partitioned.

21st oct night - moved the male into another container that is around 1/2 feet across and 10cm up, filled with fresh tap water. Female dropped some eggs onto the bottom... but tummy still filled...

22nd oct morning - moved the female into the male's tank. male was interested. went round the female(nothing seperating them). female showed vertical lines on the body... but the male was moved in last night... bubble was only a few. then i going off for work liao.... so i seperated them away again... cause i was thinking that the bubble wasn't there.... some more the tank is only empty... dun have and styrofoam cup or anything else.

What should i do now? They seem ready to mate... but I happened to be the one not ready for them.... what can I do? HELP!
Old 22-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #10
SilverStallion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsusu
Hi, i've just purchased a male and female betta. The female is already filled with eggs upon purchase.

20th oct evening - Purchased and kept in one container that allows them to see each other but partitioned.

21st oct night - moved the male into another container that is around 1/2 feet across and 10cm up, filled with fresh tap water. Female dropped some eggs onto the bottom... but tummy still filled...

22nd oct morning - moved the female into the male's tank. male was interested. went round the female(nothing seperating them). female showed vertical lines on the body... but the male was moved in last night... bubble was only a few. then i going off for work liao.... so i seperated them away again... cause i was thinking that the bubble wasn't there.... some more the tank is only empty... dun have and styrofoam cup or anything else.

What should i do now? They seem ready to mate... but I happened to be the one not ready for them.... what can I do? HELP!
Allow the male to build the bubbles nest first before releasing the female. don't worry about time coz the male intrested, female intested, like this should be no problem liao. let time take it's course.

good luck!

Angel
SilverStallion is offline   Reply With Quote