Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

Default Where to find Ranchu in Bangkok?

I will be going to bangkok for holiday next month and tot of buying some ranchu back. Any bros here know where can I find thai ranchu there.
JoBoLxxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
ciaossu

there are lots fish shop at their flea market in their pet section, when you're there make sure to have a map with you because it's very huge. there are also a fish market just beside the flea market i think it's called JJ mall or something couldn't remember.
Old 23-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaossu View Post
there are lots fish shop at their flea market in their pet section, when you're there make sure to have a map with you because it's very huge. there are also a fish market just beside the flea market i think it's called JJ mall or something couldn't remember.
ok, I see... but where is the flea market? What is the name of the district or lane? so that I can look at the map. Anyway thanks for providing the info.
Old 23-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
ciaossu

NP, it's a very famous flea market in bkk chatuchak market. when you go there, there will be map just at the entrance of the market.
Old 24-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
clipsalx

but how to bring back it? Just check in the air filled bag? Wont it brust?
clipsalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipsalx View Post
but how to bring back it? Just check in the air filled bag? Wont it brust?
I don't know...nvr try before, will see and try some ways to bring back.
As the proverb say: If there is a will there is a way.
Old 26-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
clipsalx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBoLxxg View Post
I don't know...nvr try before, will see and try some ways to bring back.
As the proverb say: If there is a will there is a way.
please share with me if u managed to bring it back

or any advice would be much appreciated from bros who did it before. Thanks!
clipsalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipsalx View Post
please share with me if u managed to bring it back

or any advice would be much appreciated from bros who did it before. Thanks!
No problem man, if I can make it. This forum is mend for sharing..
Old 03-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
protein01

Default success!

I've manged to get 3 TVR from Chatuchak and brought them back to SG! (not sure if i was lucky so please do not quote me as i'm just sharing my experience)

Here's how I did it:

Select your fishes, ask the guy to pack in 3 layers of plastic bag with newspapers in between and add a little black water to reduce stress on the ranchu. (make sure the oxygen is not full or it might explode on the plane)

Next get them to help you buy a foam box for maybe 50 baht and place the packed ranchu in it before sealing with tape.

For the foam box, if you can, try to pack it into your luggage or if not, just shrink wrap the box at the airport for 120 baht. When checking in, you can either indicate that its food (so they will not ask much) or you can be honest and tell them its goldfish, which the counter lady will then get an officer to issue a letter and get you to photocopy your passport for the application).

And your box of fishes will have to be checked in at the Oversized Baggage Check-In Counter at either Y2 or Y3.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
JoBoLxxg
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=protein01;8185006]I've manged to get 3 TVR from Chatuchak and brought them back to SG! (not sure if i was lucky so please do not quote me as i'm just sharing my experience)

Here's how I did it:

Select your fishes, ask the guy to pack in 3 layers of plastic bag with newspapers in between and add a little black water to reduce stress on the ranchu. (make sure the oxygen is not full or it might explode on the plane)

Next get them to help you buy a foam box for maybe 50 baht and place the packed ranchu in it before sealing with tape.

For the foam box, if you can, try to pack it into your luggage or if not, just shrink wrap the box at the airport for 120 baht. When checking in, you can either indicate that its food (so they will not ask much) or you can be honest and tell them its goldfish, which the counter lady will then get an officer to issue a letter and get you to photocopy your passport for the application).

And your box of fishes will have to be checked in at the Oversized Baggage Check-In Counter at either Y2 or Y3.[/QU/OTE]

Thanks for sharing ur experience..
Btw, issit ex when purchase the fish there?