Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 05-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
heavenkid
Dragon

Default Co2 dropchecker... At what timing should it's show the correct color code

Co2 dropchecker... At what timing should it's show the correct color code
Hi guys, sorry to ask this noob question. I know that for co2 drop checker.. Blue color mean low co2 level, green is just nice and yellow is too much...
And I knw it's take a few hours for to co2 drop checker to show change in color,,,
But I still very puzzled.. Should the co2 dropchecker show green throughout the 8 hrs when I on my co2 and light, or shOuld it's change to yellow at the end of the 8hrs... Can someone please enlighten me this blur sotong and advise me if i'm wrong.

My current set up is on co2 and light together , 9am to 5pm.. 8hrs..
Morn, co2 dropchecker show blue.. By 4pm, it's dark green in colour.. Is this correct? I currently on 1bps
heavenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Alvin Koh

Administrator

I have seen many aim for light/yellowish-green as long as the fauna do not start exhibiting signs of stress such as reaching surface for air.

It would not be the same color throughout the CO2 injection as you've observed as it takes time to react. 1-2 hour into injection, I would hope to see the dropchecker turn green at least. In your case, it seems like you can still turn up the rate of CO2 injection.
Alvin Koh is offline   Reply With Quote