Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 21-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #21
Ouuuigh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kai_ View Post
Haha yea, got patience to keep shrimp but when finding buyer i no patience . Anyway how are your rili mommas?
So far so good , but no berried

QUICK UPDATE , Most of the shrimplets have red/orange pigment on their body(full) means they will turn out less rili? or same as cherry but with rili blood ?
Ouuuigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
maverick1000
AFC Member

My guess is it will not turn out to be a "true" rili shrimp, mine got the same phenomenon.
My CRS as well, SS grade may not turn out to be SS but S or A ....
maverick1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #23
berber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouuuigh View Post
So far so good , but no berried

QUICK UPDATE , Most of the shrimplets have red/orange pigment on their body(full) means they will turn out less rili? or same as cherry but with rili blood ?
means you will have to remove those which have full body red/orange out if you wanna maintain the rili pattern
Old 21-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #24
Ouuuigh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1000 View Post
My guess is it will not turn out to be a "true" rili shrimp, mine got the same phenomenon.
Yeah . looks like i have to seletive breed them when they get older . now is like so small to even see if they are rili or not .
Quote:
Originally Posted by berber View Post
means you will have to remove those which have full body red/orange out if you wanna maintain the rili pattern
Ya . hows your rili? how many percent came out as rili?

Anyone knows how long does it takes for shrimplets to mature?
Old 21-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #25
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouuuigh View Post
Most of the shrimplets have red/orange pigment on their body(full) means they will turn out less rili? or same as cherry but with rili blood ?
What's e spieces of Rili shrimp? Is it from Cherry or from other spieces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1000 View Post
Depends on e line la. If your shrimp is a stable SS grade (as in, parents produced many SS and SSS grades, lesser lower grades), shdn't hv problem getting higher grade shrimps.

Mine is able to produce a decent handful of Crown heads or some SS with thick chins or thicker whites. In fact, some of e crown heads are starting to show Flowerhead patterns... maybe can 'call' it tiara head.. One of such 'near flowerhead' CRS can be noticed on the right side (middle) of the last picture.
Here's what I shared recently. http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=61

Here's another post where the not too bad thickness of white can be noticed. (not promoting sales.. just reference)
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=463875

So my SS, I am rather confident to say, has good potential of producing Crown heads.

Last edited by globalcookie; 21-05-2011 at 07:11 PM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #26
maverick1000
AFC Member

Depends on e line la. If your shrimp is a stable SS grade (as in, parents produced many SS and SSS grades, lesser lower grades), shdn't hv problem getting higher grade shrimps.

Mine is able to produce a decent handful of Crown heads or some SS with thick chins or thicker whites. In fact, some of e crown heads are starting to show Flowerhead patterns... maybe can 'call' it tiara head.. One of such 'near flowerhead' CRS can be noticed on the right side (middle) of the last picture.
Here's what I shared recently. http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=61

Here's another post where the not too bad thickness of white can be noticed. (not promoting sales.. just reference)

So my SS, I am rather confident to say, has good potential of producing Crown heads.[/QUOTE]

You got ready nice SS.
Yes, the percent of producing SS shrimplets from SS grade parent is maybe about 80 to 90%. There is still 10% that falls out of SS range. (Maybe a S or A)
Well, hopefully to see more SS shrimplets soon as fews are berried now again.
maverick1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
globalcookie
Dragon

Honestly, I've not done an estimation on how many high grades and how many low grades (in percentage) from my SS grade CRS.

I took a long route to crown heads. Here's a little 'history'...
1. Started CRS keeping in Nov 2007, where CRS were very expensive still (eg no head pattern SSS at >$500 ec).
2. First tank, 1.5ft from T477
3. Bought a few S+ grades from T477. Very nice S+ quality then I must say.
4. Upgrade to 2ft tank (quartz based) in early 2008
5. Got some Hino from Shrimp Master
6. Tank mature... decided to change it to soil (from shrimp master) base sometime in late 2009, or was it in early 2010... whiteness of shrimps improved
7. Got some Hino and Mosura from Kevanyap
8. Slowly keep till current status...
9. Setup another soil based tank from same source (6) in Feb 2011. Managed to have 1 generation breedout.

10. PROBLEM!!! So, I've kept shrimps from 2007. Smart liao la, experience liao la... no wonder Jack Neo said, "cho lang kiang tio ho, mai keh kiang".

The new tank seems unstable. Few dead shrimps lately... WHAT IS GOING ON??? Back to basics. Think thought use brain use backside... AHH... knn change water, din add Mineral Plus.. SMART RIGHT?? So many years keep shrimps still can't understand how to maintain water perimeter... deserve a slap! *PIAK*

Anyway, did a 20% wc, add appropriate amt of mineral plus (according to label on bottle). Shrimp start molting!

So, back to what Jack Neo said... "cho lang kiang tio ho, mai keh kiang". Know so much can means know next to nothing. Which experienced shrimp hobbyist is so good they never crash a tank before? KEE CHEW!

Here's e link to my 2ft tank (as per Point 4 above)... http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...ookie+crs+tank

-----------edit------------
Maverick bro, use the "QUOTE" button at e bottom of the post if you want to Quote the post. But quote selectively (what is relevent), don't quote whole post.

Last edited by globalcookie; 21-05-2011 at 08:12 PM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #28
gryphon
Arofanatic

Bro GC, thanks for the detailed account of your shrimping history as well as the mistakes you pointed out
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #29
Ouuuigh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
What's e spieces of Rili shrimp? Is it from Cherry or from other spieces?
A higher grade from firered .

So my SS, I am rather confident to say, has good potential of producing Crown heads.
Hoho getting offtopic uh! rili here~ Not crs .

Last edited by Ouuuigh; 21-05-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 21-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #30
jamiex09

I got myself 2 rilis today, really cool. Got one male and one berried female.

The berried one is really active, swimming all over my mini rainforest 2.8 gallon tank. I hope she likes it

Im cycling my extra 1.5 gallon tank, if I manage to find enough rilis, might keep about 5 to 8 rilis only.

My LFS only had a few left, so I guess is really selling fast. They got only 1 male left, the rest are all females, and many of them are berried.