Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 25-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
marctan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by limsc View Post
There is a recommended range of flowrate for the chiller.
Make sure the canister flowrate is within the range so that your chiller is at the best efficiency.
I using dolphin c500 canister and hailea 150..all connected but I realise the outlet from canister to chiller no water flow at all..is it canister nt strong enough????
Old 25-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctan9 View Post
I using dolphin c500 canister and hailea 150..all connected but I realise the outlet from canister to chiller no water flow at all..is it canister nt strong enough????
Dolphin c500 flow rate is only 500L/H, with medias added it will drop lower. Please get a canister with higher flow rate to go with it (about 900-1000L/H will be good for a 2ft tank).

There is no water flow at all ! Is your canister properly primed and pushing water into the chiller in the first place?
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
marctan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
Dolphin c500 flow rate is only 500L/H, with medias added it will drop lower. Please get a canister with higher flow rate to go with it (about 900-1000L/H will be good for a 2ft tank).

There is no water flow at all ! Is your canister properly primed and pushing water into the chiller in the first place?
Previously I was only using canister with fan..still running fine,then I restarted the canister the canister gave me sound gurgling noise,maybe trapped air or what..but after pumping out the air,became ok..but I don't see any water in the inlet frm the out of canister to in of chiller..no water come out at all..
Old 25-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
marctan9

Wa Lau stress..must change canister??then got to cycle whole media etc again?
Old 25-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Previously I was only using canister with fan..still running fine,then I restarted the canister the canister gave me sound gurgling noise,maybe trapped air or what..but after pumping out the air,became ok..but I don't see any water in the inlet frm the out of canister to in of chiller..no water come out at all..
If your canister is not pumping water out into the chiller then something must be wrong with the cainster.
Is your canister sucking water through the inlet, you can do some simple test, e.g. put your net near the inlet and does it get suck towards the inlet? If it does not maybe some of your tubing were bent too much hence stopping the water flow. A picture of your setup will be helpful.

Quote:
Wa Lau stress..must change canister??then got to cycle whole media etc again?
If you transfer the existing media into the new canister and start it within half hour or so, your bacteria can still survive hence no need to cycle again.
Old 25-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
marctan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
If your canister is not pumping water out into the chiller then something must be wrong with the cainster.
Is your canister sucking water through the inlet, you can do some simple test, e.g. put your net near the inlet and does it get suck towards the inlet? If it does not maybe some of your tubing were bent too much hence stopping the water flow. A picture of your setup will be helpful.

If you transfer the existing media into the new canister and start it within half hour or so, your bacteria can still survive hence no need to cycle again.
Hi I want to post pics but I using iPhone..not sure how to..I'm thinking is it because the flowate too slow?if it can't match,would there still be water coming out at the end?Btw,how do u all clean yr canister?what's the proper way?I switched it off and started it again but got problems starting up..hear a very loud knocking sound
Old 25-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #17
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi I want to post pics but I using iPhone..not sure how to..I'm thinking is it because the flowate too slow?if it can't match,would there still be water coming out at the end?Btw,how do u all clean yr canister?what's the proper way?I switched it off and started it again but got problems starting up..hear a very loud knocking sound
You need to upload photos to websites like Photobucket or Imageshack etc then click the "Insert Image" icon and add the URL of the photo from Photobucket or Imageshack etc. You can Google for details

Even if too slow there still must have water coming out, else where is all the sucked in water going to flow to? I suspect either your canister motor is spoilt or tubing bent hence water is not pushed out into the chiller.

Just rise the medias in the tank wate which you remove during water change. If you use tap water, the chlorine will kill the bacteria in the media
Old 25-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
monster_88

Think you should prime your system properly first and it should work, though it'll be better if you have a more powerful pump.
If you do upgrade eventually, just need to transfer the matured medias over.
Old 26-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #19
marctan9

Thank u all for the advise,somehow managed to connect everything together,but the chiller seems to take a long time to chill down to 25degree,I set at 27 cut off..but it takes very long to go down the temp,thus chiller keep kicking in
Old 26-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #20
blackgf
Arofanatic

Quote:
Thank u all for the advise,somehow managed to connect everything together,but the chiller seems to take a long time to chill down to 25degree,I set at 27 cut off..but it takes very long to go down the temp,thus chiller keep kicking in
U mean now there is water flowing from your chiller outlet? Mine takes from 27 to 25 an hour. How long is long for your chiller to reach 25 degree?
blackgf is offline   Reply With Quote