Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AF Organized Events

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
D24

AFC Committee

Default For the Attention of All Arowana Breeders

Arofanatics Arowana Judging, Appreciation & Selection Course

Dear Aro Breeders

As Aro hobbyists, many of us are interested in learning more about judging, appreciation and selection of Aros. Therefore, we are thinking of organising not just a seminar or workshop, but something more experiential, which is our vision for continuing education for our members. To do this, we need to gather the support of as many Aro breeders as we can.

Our thoughts are to run a Hobbyist Only “course” in both in English and Mandarin, which will include a series of lectures on judging, appreciation & selection on 3 main categories of Arowana; RTG, Crossback & Red (Grade 1). This is where we would like to have as many breeders as we can to enlighten members on these topics, so that attendees can then learn from the various experts and hear the different school of thoughts.

At the end of the lectures, breeders can offer Aros for sale at a special price – the breeder of the individual Aros will not be identified until the end of the course. Attendees can then use their newly acquired skills to select their Aro and participate in a Growing Out Programme (GOP). We hope to have the capacity to house 60 Aros for at least 3 months.

At the end of the pre-determined period of time, all attendees will then use the judging skills they have learnt and judge all the Aros that were purchased during this course (purchase is not compulsory). Arofanatics (AF) will award a certificate to those who have completed the course and passed the test; both theory and practical. Those who passed the tests may be invited to assist/referee/judge future AF competitions/events. AF can also recommend these people if AF is invited to be part of any event organising team.

For breeders who are not based in Singapore and are unable to come to Singapore, we also welcome your participation via correspondence course.

During the course period, we will also invite product companies to speak on subjects, such as fish diet & management and water additives.

Please let us know if you are keen and/or if you know of fellow breeders who are keen, but do not access the internet.

Meanwhile, if you have any queries, feedback or suggestion, please let us know. You can either PM Andrew Tan, call Jone at +65 9771 9396 or email me at d24aro@gmail.com .

Regards
Events Team
Old 12-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Panther
Dragon

This is a great effort of the Events Team to think of and organise such a beneficial course / event for the benefit of AF members! Really appreciate the effort.

I'd definitely be interested to sign up for the course when it materialise.
Old 13-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Edmundo

Interesting "grow out programme"................ am staying tune.

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Old 15-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
D24

AFC Committee

Dear all who enquired about this programme.

It is good to know that there is interest in this arrangement.

As the idea is still in it's infancy, we are unable to let you know when this will take place, duration, course fees, cost of fish, etc.... Am still waiting for breeders to respond first...

For those involved in proxy projects, we also understand that you want to learn more from other experts in this field. However, at this time, we have not gone into details of the programme nor eligibility. Your request to participate in this programme will certainly be discussed with the committee before we officially launch the programme.

Cheers
Events Team
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #5
Chandran

Thumbs up

It will be good if such events come out, good opportunities for many to learn

Old 25-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #6
gregsng
Arofanatic

Fully support such an initiative...even for hobbyist's interest and knowledge since don't have any books on this.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
gregsng
Arofanatic

Pity missed this one. Anyone post pix of the trip?
Old 28-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
celticfish

Dear Events Team,

I have forwarded a copy of the course to my friend in Europe.
Don't be surprised if you get more overseas interest in this course!

This could be the beginnings of a full-fledge Aqua Culture certification or diploma!
Can dream a little lah...

Old 28-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
mrnyunus
Dragon

Thumbs up Kudos..

I'm in!...PM me the details bro
Old 28-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
blum

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfish View Post
Dear Events Team,

I have forwarded a copy of the course to my friend in Europe.
Don't be surprised if you get more overseas interest in this course!

This could be the beginnings of a full-fledge Aqua Culture certification or diploma!
Can dream a little lah...
As my friend has just written I am actually interested in being part of this course and moreover it would be a pleasure to communicate a point of vew from a passionnated european hobbyist who try the challenge to breed arowanas in super tanks. Of course I fully join the project !

Closed Thread