Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2018, 12:21 AM   #41
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default 2018-19 LFC home kit revealed

Liverpool FC's 2018-19 New Balance home kit has been revealed and is now available to pre-order in store and online for guaranteed delivery on Friday May 11.

The redesigned strip for next term retains the hugely popular retro styling and colour scheme of the current season – featuring a rich, deeper red – as well as linear stripes on the front of the shirt which are inspired by the landmark architecture of the redeveloped Main Stand.

LFC and New Balance have also reintroduced a tipped two-button polo collar that makes the stylish jersey even more wearable for supporters.
Old 21-04-2018, 12:23 AM   #42
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #43
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-04-2018, 12:25 AM   #44
NI KI
Arofanatic

Reds together. Introducing our new 2018/19 Home Kit.

Old 21-04-2018, 12:27 AM   #45
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #46
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default LFC injury latest: Clyne, Gomez, Lovren and more

Joe Gomez and Dejan Lovren are in contention for Saturday's Premier League meeting with West Bromwich Albion.

The former returned to full training this week after suffering an ankle injury on international duty with England, while the latter joined his teammates in Thursday’s session at Melwood having been forced off in the closing minutes of last weekend’s win over AFC Bournemouth due to a knock.

Nathaniel Clyne is expected to miss out, however.

“Clyney struggled a little, he had a little muscle issue – unfortunately after a completely normal session. He is probably not available for tomorrow,” said Jürgen Klopp at his pre-match press conference.

“All the rest are available. Joe is back in full training, Dejan had only a little bit longer recovery but he trained yesterday as well. Nobody else I think, that’s it.”

The manager was also asked for the latest on longer-term absentees, namely Emre Can and Adam Lallana.

He replied: “There is no real news about Adam and Emre; they are in a good way [but] we will see what that means at the end. Everything is possible that they will be part of the squad again this season, or not.

“The only thing that is 100 per cent sure is Joel Matip will not be in the squad anymore, he will start pre-season with us, that’s clear.”
Old 21-04-2018, 12:32 AM   #47
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Klopp reacts to 'role model' Wenger's announcement

Jürgen Klopp has articulated his enduring admiration and respect for Arsene Wenger after the Arsenal manager announced he will leave his post at the end of the season.

Wenger revealed on Friday that 2017-18 is to be his final campaign in charge of the Gunners after 22 years with the London club.

Shortly after that news broke, Klopp faced the media to preview Liverpool’s trip to West Bromwich Albion on Saturday and the Reds’ boss spoke in glowing terms about a man he labelled an ‘influencer’ and a ‘role model’.

“First of all, I heard it when I came in this morning. I was surprised but it’s his decision, first of all we have to respect that and I have no problem with respecting that,” Klopp said.

“Today we could probably say he was, and is still, an influencer in football. He has a fantastic career, outstanding personality, [he’s] just a really big player in that business. We usually change overnight and he was there for so long, 22 years - that’s long!

“[He has been] very, very successful, that’s how it is. Maybe in the last few months not everybody was happy anymore about this or that result, but that’s normal and part of the business. But he always developed teams, brought fantastic players in, was a dominating guy in the mid-90s, early 2000s when he was really winning pretty much everything and played wonderful football.

“I admired his work always, it was always brilliant. Since I’ve been in England it’s a little bit different because now we have to challenge them, of course, but from Germany he was always a big, big role model in that job.

“It will be different without him. I’m not sure if he steps back at Arsenal or he will go to another club - he looks quite fit, obviously, and he enjoyed the job I think, even in the last few years, so maybe he will go somewhere else.

“But from my side I wish him all the best, and hopefully I can meet him at one point again and tell him that in a personal talk.”
Old 21-04-2018, 12:42 AM   #48
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reveals retirement plans and rules out Bayern Munich move

Jurgen Klopp says he has promised his family that he will take a one-year break from football when he leaves Liverpool.

The Reds boss, whose current contract at Anfield runs until 2022, has reiterated that he plans to retire “earlier than coaches usually do”.

The 50-year-old has no intention of carrying on as long as fellow countryman Jupp Heynckes, who is enjoying success with Bayern Munich at the age of 72.

“It's possible that I will end my career a lot earlier than coaches usually do,” Klopp told Sky Germany.

“It's very intense. I don't want to die on the coaching bench. After Liverpool I will for sure do a one-year break. That's a clear agreement with my family.”

Klopp was linked with the Bayern job before they appointed Niko Kovac as their new boss for next season.

However, he insists there was never any chance of him being lured away from Liverpool.

“I've never had an exit clause in one of my contracts,” he added.

"If Bayern had really been interested, no matter what I would have done, this would have been a complicated move.

"I have a contract for four more years in Liverpool and the club are happy with me. That's why it makes total sense that they (Bayern) didn't try.”

Asked about the prospect of returning for a second spell with Borussia Dortmund to challenge Bayern's Bundesliga dominance, Klopp said: “I don't really want to come back. That time was too good.

“I won't work as a coach with the age of Jupp Heynckes. I admire what he is doing but I won't do that.

“I had a fantastic time in Mainz and Dortmund. Most likely I will go back there but not necessarily as a coach.”
Old 21-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #49
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool aren't just buying the right players - they're buying the right personalities

What appeared something of a throwaway line from Jurgen Klopp has, on closer scrutiny, struck to the heart of Liverpool's thrilling end to the season.

Discussing the importance of team spirit, the Reds boss shifted the credit on to his players before declaring: “My impression at the moment is that they are all excited about being in this group.”

Of course, with a Champions League semi-final imminent and the race for a top-four place ongoing, there's plenty for Liverpool's players to be enthused about at present.

That, though, applies primarily to those most likely to be involved against Roma, the core of 13 or 14 players who have become integral to the Reds' European efforts.

Those on the outside looking in would be forgiven for feeling a little more downbeat.

But as far as their public image goes, they aren't showing it.

Simon Mignolet, now firmly second-choice goalkeeper behind Loris Karius, can regularly be seen on social media tubthumping before big games, and spotted celebrating goals behind Klopp in the dugout.

Alberto Moreno is the same, always snapped with a smile on his face, particularly during training sessions at Melwood.

Then there's Danny Ings, who not without good reason is regarded one of the most popular members of the squad.

So what, some will say. A grin never won a point. Should any of this matter?

Well, yes.

Having strength in depth in terms of talent is one thing. That, however, is of no use if such talent isn't able to come in and not only do an instant job, but have the trust and faith of the team-mates around them.

That's where team spirit, that most mystical, intangible of qualities, makes a difference.

Liverpool's squad has that in abundance. They play for each other, the collective more important than the individual.

Okay, some individuals are more important than others, but even 40-goal Mohamed Salah acknowledges he'd not be anywhere near as prolific without the efforts of those around him.

Any player largely sidelined – be it Mignolet, Moreno, Ings or whoever – will be hurting. They should be hurting. They'll want to play. But they'll also be primed to come in. And that in turn intensifies the competition for places.

Ragnar Klavan may never be a first choice under Klopp but the manner in which he performed against Everton earlier this month having featured for one minute in the previous three months will have been enough to keep his defensive colleagues on their toes.
Old 21-04-2018, 01:00 AM   #50
NI KI
Arofanatic

The strong bond between Liverpool's players hasn't happened overnight.

Klopp invited ridicule earlier in his Anfield tenure when, after a last-minute goal earned a home draw against West Bromwich Albion, he led his team, hand-in-hand, to salute the Kop.

It was a formative attempt to not only bring the players and the fans closer, but also further unite the squad. And, in the long term, it worked.

That union helped drag Liverpool to the Europa League final that season. And it's taken them within 180 minutes of the Champions League final this time around.

As any business manager will tell you, a happy workplace leads to greater productivity and tangible results.

Liverpool will look to improve again during the summer. Players will leave, players will arrive. And while the Reds have been capturing the right type of talent to the club during recent transfer windows, they've also been bringing in the right type of personalities.

The Reds aren't paupers when it comes to splashing the cash but without the sheer financial clout of the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United, they're having to close the gap in other ways.

By creating a squad in his own image – determined, together, passionate, proud – Klopp is doing just that, both home and abroad.
Closed Thread