Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2018, 01:09 AM   #51
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp vows to unleash Mohamed Salah on West Brom

Jurgen Klopp has vowed to unleash Mohamed Salah on West Brom rather than save him for the Champions League semi-final with Roma.

The Reds boss dismissed suggestions that he would rest any of his key men at the Hawthorns on Saturday with one eye on Tuesday’s first leg at Anfield.

Nathaniel Clyne will miss out against the Baggies due to injury but Joe Gomez and Dejan Lovren have both been passed fit.

Salah, who scored his 40th goal of a remarkable season against Bournemouth last weekend, needs just one more goal to equal the record for most goals in a 38-game Premier League campaign jointly held by Alan Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez.

“Thank God, Mo is fit,” Klopp said.

“No physical problems at the moment and hopefully it stays like this. We need the boys for all the games.

“I know you will ask about the selection for West Brom with the Roma game coming up. But we never did it like that. We have to line up a really strong line up.

“We respect the intensity of the season so far but at the end we respect West Brom and we respect the Premier League. We need points to be in the top four.

“It will be difficult. West Brom have got four points since they changed the manager. They deserved to beat Man United (last weekend).

“Now they have a home game and they will want to show that they believe in their little last chance (to stay up). We are the first opponent in that situation and we need to be at our best.

“We lost to them in the FA Cup, I don’t need to remind anyone about that. Only after the game will we think about Roma.

“There is no other way for us. We don’t have 25 players to line up two different teams in the different competitions.”

Gomez is available after a month out due to ankle ligament damage, while Lovren has overcome a groin problem. Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Joel Matip remain sidelined.

“Nothing really new about Adam or Emre,” Klopp said.

“They are in a good way but we will see towards the end of the season what that means. Everything is possible. They could be part of the squad again this season or not.

“The only one where it’s 100% clear is Joel Matip, he won’t play again this season but he will start pre-season with us.

“Clyney is struggling with a little muscle issue. He’s probably not available for West Brom but the rest are available. Joe is back full training and Dejan trained yesterday as well.”
Old 21-04-2018, 01:17 AM   #52
NI KI
Arofanatic

Salah on Edge

Mohamed Salah has told Marca in Spain that the rivalry between himself, Harry Kane, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski is “extremely difficult and keeps me on edge all the time.”

He says these players are “the biggest stars in the world,” but admitted part of his desire to lift individual awards comes from a desire to please Liverpool fans.

“Their happiness is the best,” he said. “I feel like they want me to win, and I will for them.”

“I’m happy with the support my teammates give me during matches to try and reach this title, especially since Harry Kane is closing in on me as the top scorer of the Premier League.

“This support is more important than the title itself. I have never experienced such an atmosphere before. If anyone has been following closely our last two matches, you will notice all the players are trying to pass me the ball to help me score. I promise I will not let them down and I will win that title.”

Salah is also “fighting” for the Balon d’Or.

“I will fight to win the award, but I won’t be talking about it right now. Right now we are focused on winning the UEFA Champions League. I also aim to provide a good performance with Egypt in the World Cup. These are the steps towards me winning [the award.]”

Old 21-04-2018, 01:35 AM   #53
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool leak new signing’s squad number on club website

It’s been rumoured ever since we acquired Naby Keita last summer that he’d get the no.8 when he eventually joined Liverpool.

Now, it’s been confirmed.

The club released the new home-strip for the 2018/19 campaign today and on the website, used Keita’s name and new number to advertise lettering options.

Of course, nobody has worn the no.8 since Steven Gerrard left the club in 2015, so the pressure is huge!

But if Keita didn’t want it, he wouldn’t have been given it…

The Guinean has so many attributes that could make him the perfect Jurgen Klopp midfielder.

He’s feisty, dynamic, runs with the ball and possesses exceptional vision, too.

The thought of Keita and an ever-improving Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in box-to-box role either side of a world-class no.6 (Jorginho?), with the best front-three in Europe ahead of them is truly mouthwatering.

And hopefully, the new shirt will have six stars on the sleeve, one for every European Cup triumph.
Old 21-04-2018, 01:54 AM   #54
NI KI
Arofanatic

Any chance for our U23 team?

Old 21-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #55
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #56
NI KI
Arofanatic

How to Stop Salah

Roma’s Champions League hero Kostas Manolas has told Italian newspaper La Stampa that his side won’t man-mark Mohamed Salah on Tuesday evening - and says their approach won’t change against the Reds.

Roma knocked Barcelona and Lionel Messi out in the quarter-finals with a shock 3-0 home victory, and Manolas reckons the Champions League brings the best out of him and his team-mates.

“We won’t man-mark Salah, because we stopped Barcelona and Leo Messi with teamwork, so we can stop Salah the same way,” he said.

“It won’t be easy, of course, but we are ready.

“Our belief this season comes from the philosophy of football that the coach gives us.

“Roma must never change their way of thinking, no matter the opponent.

“Di Francesco is a very European coach, he always asks us to dominate the game with pressing and intensity.

“It’s also true that we ought to have another six or seven points in Serie A, but when we play in the Champions League, it does bring something more out of us.”

Risky business to not man-mark Mo isn’t it?

Let’s hope the Egyptian King can bag a few more goals to give the Reds victory at the Hawthorns today - and then put Roma to the sword in midweek!

Old 21-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #57
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #58
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Team news: Confirmed LFC line-up v West Brom

Liverpool make five changes for Saturday’s meeting with West Bromwich Albion.

Joe Gomez returns to the Reds’ line-up after recovering from an ankle injury sustained on international duty with England, while Alberto Moreno starts for the first time since early March.

Ragnar Klavan, James Milner and Danny Ings also come in, with Trent Alexander-Arnold, Dejan Lovren, Andy Robertson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Roberto Firmino named among the substitutes at The Hawthorns.

Team in full:

Karius

Gomez Klavan Van Dijk Moreno

Milner Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Ings Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Firmino, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Solanke, Alexander-Arnold.
Old 21-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #59
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-04-2018, 08:32 PM   #60
NI KI
Arofanatic

And we're off... come on you Reds!

Closed Thread