Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #261
SIOWARO
Dragon

Ha! ha!my favourite topic!just share abit of my experience.base on the time frame of keeping the same aro for 4 yrs.
first,i will say if the fish turn only yellow for the 1st year,dont waste time ,coz no chance to b red or patient to wait.so for the rest i will break in point form for diff red devalopment from young til 4 yrs old +/-.
1)light orange to orange to dark orange.
2)light orange to orange to dark orange to orange red.
3)orange to dark orange to orange red.*
4)orange to rust orange to rust orange red.*
5)dark orange to orange red*
6)dark orange to orange red to red*
7)orange red to red.*
8) red from 10".
all above fish are purely base on genes ,water para,food.for all the reds that i ever kept only 2 will turn red and they are kept below 2 yrs with me,1 from rainbow,1 from robbin red.
Old 23-01-2005, 03:27 AM   #262
Vil

Default Lighting Effect on Red

29/01/2005: Something contributed by Kagemaru,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
IMHO lighting has a direct impact to these parts of the SR

The back portion usually dun develop when the SR reaches 3 yrs of age cos of over tanned from lights on top

Under normal conditions, the belly portion will start to have some "base" color only when they are reaching semi-adult age --> 4 yrs of age

different genetics definitely have a difference in the quality of the red development -- I take development of these crucial areas as a gauge of a red's potential

Colors generally occur due to the reaction of chromatophores on the fish scales

Chromatophores can be grouped into melanophores (melanin), erythrophores (red), xanthophores (yellow) and cyanophores (blue) and leucophores (light scattering whitish effect)

The color of the scale is determined by the proportion of these chromatophores which are present in the particular area - similar analogy as the accumulation of fats around the waist area for men...the other areas of the body are not affected.

Hence my deduction is the over-accumulation of the leucophores around the tummy areas whereas the back of the red would be having too much of a melanophores.

Light is a stimulant, largely responsible for the color separation of the difference in scale development

06/02/2005 : Sharing by Dragonfanatic

"Pictures of my diablo (singa ultra fire red) development which is no longer with me.. pictures in my gallery if okie to add to the thread to share"

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/dragonafanatic/

__________________________________________________ ______________

If you have any useful contributions to add, pls PM me.

Thanks!

VIL

Last edited by Vil; 10-02-2005 at 11:14 AM.