Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 06-04-2005, 11:55 PM   #51
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
Orhhhh u mean "stun" fish ah... I thought the lfs owner was a stuntman or chut pattern on u... lol...

But those guppies in old market lfs are mostly feeder fishes leh, 1 entire tank full of dull coloured guppies. Quite a squeeze, easily few hundred of them in a small 1.5 or 2 footer..
oh...that's how u spell it...'stun' . yeah the tanks full of them.to us they were treasure man....but they dun survive too long.besides the LFS we go to monsoon drains and small drains to catch fish.bedok...miss that place.we prepare poles, nets...macam go to big expedition..but we went to the monsoon drains to catch guppies....but those days were fun.
lukeskwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:57 PM   #52
lukeskwr
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT
Hah...i remember staying in AMK in the late 70s n early 80s,had more then 10containers.These were those 5gallon jerry containers...black in colour...got a saw and made windows in them.

Kept guppy,molly and fighting in them!!Also had a 2footer(why i still remember it had aluminium sides,silicon was in use already)

In this 2footer had a marine set up,UGF white sand live corals and got skimmer yes skimmer!!!!(using air driven-piece of wood,plastic with green coloured rings that hold it in place and a green coloured plastic screw to hold onto the tank).

There was pistol shrimps in it and boy was it irritating early in the morning.(these shrimps were collected by the beach)

bro, u mean in the shops?
lukeskwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #53
REDDOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer
Don't worry . The pellets are protected by his Giant Snakehead. LOL!!!!!

catepilla lah ..................
Old 08-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #54
RBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskwr
bro, u mean in the shops?

Nope in my room...hehe

Still thinking abt the protein skimmer,not sure if there is really such things back then!!(1978 to 1982)

But i cfm i had a marine tank(just checked with my brother)hehe.

Side-noteo take photos guys for membrance sake,it will bring back memories!!!A bit regret not taking any!!