Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 17-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Tarzan78
Dragon

Default Blonde full red guppy from Taiwan

Sharing a pair I got from Taiwan...

Happy Gupping!...

Last edited by angelo; 11-02-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Tarzan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Tarzan78
Dragon

Default Blonde full red guppy clips...

As usual, many reputable Taiwanese, Chinese breeders do not feed color-enhancing tubifex worm to their fishes ie. what color u see on their fishes are their genetic raw color. enjoy!...
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by angelo; 11-02-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 17-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #3

Thank you for sharing.

As usual, guppy are 'big size' and 'big dorsal' besides other outstanding features.

Just one question, is it the same pair ? First video looks a bit orange, and the second one very red. Is it due to lighting ?

Cheers

Chiu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan78 View Post
Sharing a pair I got from Taiwan...

Happy Gupping!...

Last edited by angelo; 11-02-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 17-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Tarzan78
Dragon

Yup... Same pair.
One is taken with daylight while the other taken at night with white LED lamp.
Old 17-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
angelo
Senior Dragon

For red colouration on guppy skin, very much depend on lightings. For photography, lower lighting is preferred for red colour.

On tubi is colour enhancer, may I know where or who you obtained the information from?

I have Taiwan blonde red for very long time. Feeding them on tubi since I have them, colour does not improve at all leh.

Last edited by angelo; 11-02-2013 at 12:06 AM.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
Tarzan78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
For red colouration on guppy skin, very much depend on lightings. For photography, lower lighting is preferred for red colour.
On tubi is colour enhancer, may I know where or who you obtained the information from?
I have YS blonde red for very long time. Feeding them on tubi since I have them, colour does not improve at all leh.
Yup, red fish harder to take nicer pics...
As for feeding tubifex, its from ALL Taiwanese and Chinese breeders. When they advertise sell their fishes, or when they source for fishes, all will declare clearly they don't feed tubifex. Other than possible parasites infection, bcos they believe tubifex enhances color and is 'misleading' the buyers on the fishes natural color.
Therefore they say, if the fish is already THAT red without feeding tubifex, the fish would be redder if fed. And that redness may not passed on to the offsrpings as its due to tubifex color enhancing property. 饲喂丝蚯蚓的鱼肯定杨色。
In Asia, it is universally agreed upon that feeding tubifex worms enhances fish color. Can go www.guppytaiwan.com or www.guppychina.com buy/sell to check or ask around.
What I read, learn and saw, I share... What I don't know, I seek to know the truth.
As for the last part, u gotta ask YS himself y the color never improve after feeding tubifex. Lol
Happy Gupping!...
Old 18-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
angelo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan78 View Post
Yup, red fish harder to take nicer pics...
As for feeding tubifex, its from ALL Taiwanese and Chinese breeders. When they advertise sell their fishes, or when they source for fishes, all will declare clearly they don't feed tubifex. Other than possible parasites infection, bcos they believe tubifex enhances color and is 'misleading' the buyers on the fishes natural color.
Therefore they say, if the fish is already THAT red without feeding tubifex, the fish would be redder if fed. And that redness may not passed on to the offsrpings as its due to tubifex color enhancing property. 饲喂丝蚯蚓的鱼肯定杨色。
In Asia, it is universally agreed upon that feeding tubifex worms enhances fish color. Can go www.guppytaiwan.com or www.guppychina.com buy/sell to check or ask around.
What I read, learn and saw, I share... What I don't know, I seek to know the truth.
As for the last part, u gotta ask YS himself y the color never improve after feeding tubifex. Lol
Happy Gupping!...
Ok. I have performed lab test on that so call tubi enhance colouration. The result is not true for four major types of colour cell on guppy and betta.

If they want to sell their fishes at natural colour, why are they feeding BBS?

If tubi can enhance the colour so easy and cheap. Why are some of them using high cost colour enhancer powder.
Old 18-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
Tarzan78
Dragon

Quote:
Ok. I have performed lab test on that so call tubi enhance colouration. The result is not true for four major types of colour cell on guppy and betta.

If they want to sell their fishes at natural colour, why are they feeding BBS?

If tubi can enhance the colour so easy and cheap. Why are some of them using high cost colour enhancer powder.
To answer bbs question, feeding tubifex will improve coloration of females and risk her being 'male-lised' 雄性化 rendering her infertile or having difficulty to drop. BBS have high nutrition value that is more than just color enhancing, and do not create bacteria or infertility problems. Therefore almost all breeders use bbs.

High cost color enhancing food compared to tubifex provide coloration at zero or minimum risk from bacteria infections. That's why people are paying for it.

Really? Great, maybe u can post the results and share it with breeders from Taiwan and China? I'm sure they'll be grateful for the discovery. until that happens, guess I'll just follow the practices and experiences of the hundred-of-thousands breeders for the moment lor.

I encourage all hobbylists to find out and learn from various guppy masters and make a judgement for themselves. Theres no right or wrong way to keep guppies, only experiences shared that makes the road less travelled or less guppies death la. That way, the standard of raising guppies in Singapore would be raised.
Happy Gupping!...
Old 18-12-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
angelo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
feeding tubifex will improve coloration of females and risk her being 'male-lised' 雄性化 rendering her infertile or having difficulty to drop.
This also hear from them? Not true at all. There is a kind of powder that can change all female into male look alike but will only last about a month and will turn back to female. This is the best powder and is using by some of the breeders, not in Singapore hor.

How about feeding boon? Any hear say from them?

In actual fact, BBS is much better in term of enhaning red colouration. So are they selling the guppy at natural colour? Am I correct to say, the blonde red was feeding on BBS and it is not simi raw genetic colour?

To raise the standard of guppy in Singapore is not taking all these hear say as it is. I have pickup all these information years ago and went into study and research. Many of the hear say and articles found on web are copying from each others and some of them are make up for some hiden agenda and many of them are just pure obersvation without fact.
Old 18-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #10
Tarzan78
Dragon

Quote:
This also hear from them? Not true at all. There is a kind of powder that can change all female into male look alike but will only last about a month and will turn back to female. This is the best powder and is using by some of the breeders, not in Singapore hor.

How about feeding boon? Any hear say from them?

In actual fact, BBS is much better in term of enhaning red colouration. So are they selling the guppy at natural colour? Am I correct to say, the blonde red was feeding on BBS and it is not simi raw genetic colour?

To raise the standard of guppy in Singapore is not taking all these hear say as it is. I have pickup all these information years ago and went into study and research. Many of the hear say and articles found on web are copying from each others and some of them are make up for some hiden agenda and many of them are just pure obersvation without fact.
Bro Angelo,
Relax...
Tubifex worm is most color enhancing among other benefits. BBS is most nutritious for growth among other benefits. This is what people in guppy forum in Taiwan and China say about tubifex feeding. It's NOT tarzan78's say. And u can ask around Taiwan breeders on their thoughts. I'm just sharing what I see and learn.
Why u get so offended, defensive & interrogating towards me or this post? 小弟我哪里得罪了你吗?
I repeat: I only share what I hear and learn from the respective Taiwan and China guppy forum. True or false, all guppy hobbylists make the judgement for themselves.
Maybe u r right on bbs is MORE color enhancing than tubifex. I don't know. I read all guppy threads overseas and I made a judgement for myself. I decided to follow the practices of experienced breeders in Taiwan and China.
So please share the lab report u done with them in their national guppy forum. And exchange pointers with them. I wish u well. Lol.
Until THAT day happens, we are free to share our views and opinions in this forum right?
Happy Gupping!...