Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 14-02-2004, 12:47 AM   #41
HN Lim

Default Re: Where to get high quality Jap Ranchus?

Quote:
Originally posted by Angsua
Well bros and sis, advise where i can look c look c for good ranchus?

A top Thai breeder was once asked; "where can I buy good high quality ranchu". His reply was very simple." Breed it yourself". This statement is really true. No breeder in his right frame of mind will be willing to part with his prized posession, unless maybe he is after your sister or you have offered him tens of thousands of dollars for his ranchu.

The second option to do is to buy a ranchu from Ron of Ozeki Club to gain membership to the club. Mix with the members and maybe you might get some of the members to sell you their prized posession. I gather it is a very expensive option.

The third option to do is to save up several months salary and gather at JRP when they announce the arrival of a shipment from "Japan" (I wonder if TG flies direct from Japan to Singapore).

The fourth option to do is to look out for advertisements in the ST and visit all the shops that advertise ranchu shipments. Make friend with the shop keeper for tips on arrival of shipment before advertisement. You stand a much better chance here.

The fifth option is as recommended earlier is to breed it yourself.

The sixth option is to send me an e-mail
Old 14-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #42
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

interesting info
Angsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:48 PM   #43
Kawai

Default Re: GD RANCHUS

Thank you Skido! Tonight the forum is flooded by your post. If you like precious, then you must also support JRP. I heard they are business partners. JRP is the supplier. But not sure if they have one to one exchange if die within 7 days policy. Anyone know if they actually share their members' special program? According to some bros, it is a good but expensive learning experience! At least, some bros here have learnt how to identify a poor quality ranchu from them. MUST CHECK IT OUT!

Quote:
Originally posted by skido
There are a wide variety of QUALITY Ranchus at PRECIOUS AQUARIUM. I have been there... Go drop by at SERANGOON GARDENS. NEAR CHOMP CHOMP. Good Place for ranchu LOVERS... i bought all my ranchus fom there. they specialize in goldfishes and planted tanks. nice place to see. MUST CHECK IT OUT...
Old 03-03-2004, 11:56 PM   #44
dn3

what happened to your eyes?

Quote:
There are a wide variety of QUALITY Ranchus at PRECIOUS AQUARIUM. I have been there... Go drop by at SERANGOON GARDENS. NEAR CHOMP CHOMP. Good Place for ranchu LOVERS... i bought all my ranchus fom there. they specialize in goldfishes and planted tanks. nice place to see. MUST CHECK IT OUT...
Old 03-03-2004, 11:59 PM   #45
Kawai

AeroKing? Please stand up!

Quote:
Old 14-03-2004, 09:23 PM   #46
nismoman77
Dragon

Thank you Skido! Tonight the forum is flooded by your post. If you like precious, then you must also support JRP. I heard they are business partners. JRP is the supplier. But not sure if they have one to one exchange if die within 7 days policy. Anyone know if they actually share their members' special program? According to some bros, it is a good but expensive learning experience! At least, some bros here have learnt how to identify a poor quality ranchu from them. MUST CHECK IT OUT!

Bro,i m new member here n like to go different LFS whenever there is ranchu..

R u implying there is no qualities 1s or nt authentic fishes??

Btw ur fish chio..
nismoman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #47
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Default i know

i know got one place but the ranchu cost the min $230 to 2000++ leh you want????? all from japan one leh....
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #48
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally posted by nismoman77

Btw ur fish chio..
You mean TRP is a good place to learn what is a poor quality ranchu Ok, I will try to make a trip there to do a comparison.
Old 17-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #49
NLB

Just go see for yourself, compare price, compare quality...

Quote:
Originally posted by nismoman77

Btw ur fish chio..