Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 14-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
daybreaks
Arofanatic

If you're concerned about budget,try to get a second hand one from forums like sgreefclub.
First hand Artica is in the thousand range.However,sometimes,Resun work as well,you might need to change the thermostat to monitor the temperature fluctuations.
In regards to noise,try to keep the chiller in a well ventilated and away from the sun to prevent ambient temperature fluctuations which can affect the working conditions.
daybreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
Cipap
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreaks View Post
If you're concerned about budget,try to get a second hand one from forums like sgreefclub.
First hand Artica is in the thousand range.However,sometimes,Resun work as well,you might need to change the thermostat to monitor the temperature fluctuations.
In regards to noise,try to keep the chiller in a well ventilated and away from the sun to prevent ambient temperature fluctuations which can affect the working conditions.
Yup...got certain budget. Just trying to maintain my marine tank......thanks bro
Cipap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #13
daybreaks
Arofanatic

I hope that helped.
But for the sake of fish keeping,sometimes when kena poison,the budget will stretch more than you expcted.haha
daybreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
Cipap
Senior Dragon

Does chiller comsume high electricity?
Cipap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #15
tropic
Arofanatic

I think for your size tank chiller just get a new one. Depend on how long chiller kick in and out electricity sure increase abit at least .
tropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #16
reefer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipap View Post
Does chiller comsume high electricity?
It depend what types of brand of chiller u go for. Chiller only consume higher electricity when it kick on. It is also impt to get a correct size chiller for your setup
Old 29-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #17
Sun2000

Sometimes 2nd hand chiller are not so efficient ...maybe not enough gas or fan weak or the cooling fin chokes... this means that it will run longer and consume more power/electricity. Maybe can send for servicing before use...but like new car and old car...petrol consumption will be poorer in the old car..worn out.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #18
maximus

Well I have been using a 1/4 HP Hailea chiller for my 2 feet tank fitted with an external thermostat here in Chennai, India. I guess that should be enough to keep tank temp. at 25 deg. Centigrade throughout the year..