Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #71
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIOWARO
not too offence any bro here,wel with my limited knowlege,a normal or most of the glass will filter about 30 to 45% of uv rays,and most plastic mat will cut close to 80%.hopes that im not wrong,and this do help,reason been....in order to cut more uv,chemecal nd to b treated and is not cheap.
u can do a google on D3 lights and the effects glass has on filtering the UV rays out .... it's 95% and the results are from the manufacturers of D3 lights themselves which means they've no reason to put the filtering percentage higher as these lights are used to tan reptiles
Old 22-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #72
Kaili

Thanks Kagemaru for your insightful advice!

My VF is being tanned by 2 D3 lights on top and one 2ft D3 in nan tube at the side. Adequate?

More imptly, how do you bros such a heavy light in front of the tank 5 cm below the water level?? I thought of using hooks but can't find suitable ones. Pls advice on this.

Old 22-09-2005, 07:05 PM   #73
Joeshh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaili

My VF is being tanned by 2 D3 lights on top and one 2ft D3 in nan tube at the side. Adequate?

More imptly, how do you bros such a heavy light in front of the tank 5 cm below the water level?? I thought of using hooks but can't find suitable ones. Pls advice on this.
Use hook and fishing line to hold your light at the side.
Old 22-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #74
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaili

Bro ,

I used the below method to hold my 4ft Magnum II

Old 22-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #75
krowana

Bro about the position and angle of lights that you mention earlier, you said the best level to place the light is the zone where the red frequently swim. Since red is a top dweller, does it mean that I can just place the light directly above the water surface about mid point of the width?

Old 22-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #76
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petshopboys
Then how to solve the problem?
Thanks master K
bubbles is an indication of the current water mgtm regime...improving on the current set of filter medium is one way to go...this is wat bro humongous is striving to achieve all this while

DIY and add on to his arsenal of filtration

this will serve him gd in the long run

Bro koji is already experienced enuff to maintain his water regime so I gathered he could focus on the light alone and experiment with the various pattern and arrangements

Old 22-09-2005, 11:30 PM   #77
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krowana
Bro about the position and angle of lights that you mention earlier, you said the best level to place the light is the zone where the red frequently swim. Since red is a top dweller, does it mean that I can just place the light directly above the water surface about mid point of the width?
when I mentioned the usual path of the red, its toking about the natural route which the red travels

if persay the red always swims near 2 inches from the water mark...assuming a red of 9" body width is around 4 inches...the total surface area need to cover is the (4"+2" =6" ) the best position for such a scnerio will be targetting somewhere near the 3 to 4" from water mark

**this is under the assumption of using PL tubes to tackle the tanning**

this way the light is around the eye level of the red and wun causes DE but still is able to catch on the tummy area of the red...helping it to tan it to show some base

Last edited by kagemaru; 22-09-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Old 22-09-2005, 11:49 PM   #78
kagemaru

Using Bro T28 red as example:

Before tanning:

After tanning:

Old 22-09-2005, 11:50 PM   #79
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosle atin
how to recon abang the one i wanna tan is my two n1 reds
suggestion of light? D3 of PL lite ?
I use PL cos its lighter and cheaper to me

ur N1wan got closeup photos?

basically vincent's reds just need to adjust the water properly it should show the original color liao

Old 22-09-2005, 11:51 PM   #80
krowana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
when I mentioned the usual path of the red, its toking about the natural route which the red travels

if persay the red always swims near 2 inches from the water mark...assuming a red of 9" body width is around 4 inches...the total surface area need to cover is the (4"+2" =6" ) the best position for such a scnerio will be targetting somewhere near the 3 to 4" from water mark

**this is under the assumption of using PL tubes to tackle the tanning**

this way the light is around the eye level of the red and wun causes DE but still is able to catch on the tummy area of the red...helping it to tan it to show some base
Bro, what is water mark? Can elobrate more? If let say we use assumption of normal 2 tube light housing, what will be the diff?

Tags
tanning light arowana