Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #71
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornata View Post
Hi guys, just to join in. These are my fronts and my full tank shot. Dark gravel brings out the fronts' color best but I prefer black background with natural white sand.
Thanks for logging in and upping your pix! Really impressiv e fontosas you have. Loved your set up especia;ly how you used the round boulders - safer for the frontosas becos of their jittery nature

See u more often and shre with us your experiences bro!

Old 30-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #72
Betta Mania

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Simple and nice looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphone View Post
One word....SWEE!!

btw, Fronts are doing well
Bros keep logging in and supporting the fronts thread. Your viewpoints matter chaps! How about the answers to an earlier question posted about color of background to use, color of gravel and also which strain is your favourite also why do you like it

Your views and what you heard about the product SEACHEM..log in and keep writing Many tanks and see you on the thread!!

Old 30-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #73
frontosa
Dragon

Ornata - that's a great setup....simple, just the way I like it :-) I think that's a nice tone for the substrate. My previous setup used a lighter colour sand which I find a bit too bright. Of course, those are great looking fronts you have in your collection as well.
Old 30-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #74
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
2.) What color backing to use...light blue, black , dark blue???? (BTW idea for background - today went to Popular after visiting Ciphos website and saw ideas for background. Got myself colored plastic cardboard and taped 3 pieces together used latest stick it bly Bluetack - Wow swee! Will post pics later/) Anyways which colour black, dark blue, midnight blue. skyblue. marine green???
for me a black background would be good (: ifnot then a blue one (:

Quote:
3.) Lastly, anyone used Seachem? What are your views - use or not use???...
i stopped using that long long time ago hahaha seachem is a good product when you just started and totally clueless.. but if you already know the formula for epson salt and baking powder, then you can actually stop looking at the seachem buffers etc for your tanga tank

Last edited by Young Man; 30-08-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 30-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #75
johannes

Quote:
I'd like to meet up with you in person, maybe you can arrange with YM, we'll meet at C328 to share experience verbally.
when u coming again? haha sms me earlier in the day la... dont last min suddenly call... hehe
Old 30-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #76
Epiphone

Quote:
Bros keep logging in and supporting the fronts thread. Your viewpoints matter chaps! How about the answers to an earlier question posted about color of background to use, color of gravel and also which strain is your favourite also why do you like it
Prefer black background...gravel for me personal, would be to be black and having white coral or those smooth nusery rocks as landscape....This helps to bring out the colour of the Fronts

Quote:
Your views and what you heard about the product SEACHEM..log in and keep writing Many tanks and see you on the thread!!
Never use

Old 30-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #77
frontosa
Dragon

Background - black
Setup - fine river sand / coral sand with smooth boulders/rocks
Seachem - never try....the salt mix is good enough for me.
Old 30-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #78
leisuretron
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornata View Post
Hi guys, just to join in. These are my fronts and my full tank shot. Dark gravel brings out the fronts' color best but I prefer black background with natural white sand.
Hi ppl, its great to see fronts lovers here..currently keeping 5 zaire blue, hope to learn more from all seniors here.

bro ornata have great collection of zaires wif nice setup..thks for sharing
Old 31-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #79
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'd like to meet up with you in person, maybe you can arrange with YM, we'll meet at C328 to share experience verbally.
Sounds like a good idea...just make it a weekend on a Saturday. Let's meet and dim kopi and share frontosa tales hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAth View Post
seen betta mania before
but where got 60+ ( Aiyoh bro, kum hsia leh...next time buy you kopi lah....)
go out gathering i lao kui see u all
my humble collection not worth talking =D
Nothing to be "pai seh" brudder, as they say at Hard Rock Cafe "Love all Serve All" - I believe this is the code of all bros onthis thread. All welcome - everyone's contribution is never too small nor insinificant. Lai arh, lai arh!!...Post your pics arh!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikilala View Post
Hi guys.. I'm new in this frontosa arena. Just bought 2 pcs @ 3" yesterday evening while shopping at LFS . Hope to learn more from sifus
Welcome aboard bro - do post your pics and tell us more as to where you got your fronts, the dmage and also thebreed of fronts you keeping. Every story of who? When? Where? What? How? and Why? of your excperience will be interesting eh?....we all live and learn here so no worries. I also verynew to fronts and learning from the other bros also. This thread is for such a purpose and hopr you will get some good juicy tips here - suggestion Cyphos.com is also a great website to visit! Welcome bro!

Last edited by Betta Mania; 31-08-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Cosmetic correction to post- sorry moderator!

Old 31-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #80
LedZepp
Dragon

Wow folks, gd to see so many front lovers! I always love the way they swim in a nice dim environment. So serene and graceful, unlike most of the other zippy cichlids. Missed my ex mobas (photos in my album).

Keep Fronting!!!
Closed Thread